Harvest by Tess Gerritsen

Harvest

by Tess Gerritsen

The Fifth Vial by Michael Palmer (rxtheresa)
    rxtheresa: Also about black market organ donation.
    The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen (bobie)
    bobie: Excellent read, I have read a lot of Tess Gerritsen books, I love the Rizolli & Isles series, but this stands out on its own, and only proves how good a writer Tess Gerritsen really is.

English (20)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (23)
very intriguing. Got a little dull towards the end and some of the mid point conspiracy was a bit far-fetched. Very good read though ( )
  Felicity-Smith | May 29, 2016 |
Tanya Eby
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Wow. I admit to skimming through the detailed descriptions of the medical procedures, but so what? They're not my thing. The rest of this book, however, is AMAZING. Very suspenseful, full of emotion and twists and NOOO!! kind of moments. I could not put it down. I suspect that, on top of my catching up with her R&I books, I will be checking out everything Tess Gerritsen has written. ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
Boston doc discovers organ harvesting

7.97
  aletheia21 | Oct 13, 2013 |
Good read - worth reading more of Gerritsen (I have read one Rizzoli & Isles). A little slow in places I had thought it would be fast. The end kind of hit a brick wall. I wanted to know more about Abby and Yakov. ( )
  lesmel | May 19, 2013 |

Tess Gerritsenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guidall, GeorgeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Dr Abby DiMatteo - a second-year surgical student in Boston Bayside's elite cardiac team - is about to make a decision that will jeopardize her career. A car-crash victim's healthy heart is ready to be harvested, having been cross-matched to a private patient, forty-six year-old Nina Voss. Instead, Abby makes sure the transplant goes to a dying seventeen-year-old boy who is also a perfect match. The repercussions leave her plagued with self-doubt. Suddenly, a new heart appears, and the transplant is completed - and Abby makes a terrible discovery. The new heart has not come through the right channels. Defying the hospital's demands for silence, Abby begins her own investigation that reveals an intricate and murderous chain of deceptions...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 067155302X, Mass Market Paperback)

When Robin Cook wrote Coma in 1977, the idea of hospital patients being incubated for their vital organs sounded like science fiction. Twenty years later, this gripping thriller about a thriving international black market in human hearts, livers and kidneys could come from tomorrow's "Nightline." Author Gerritsen was an internist before she switched her energies to writing, and her experience shows in every scene. When young surgical resident Dr. Abby DiMatteo assists at her first "harvest" (the removal of living organs from a patient declared legally brain dead) at Boston's posh Bayside Hospital, "she felt vaguely nauseated by the whine of the blade, the smell of bone dust," neither of which seem to bother the veterans. It's obviously a personal memory being mined for good fictional purposes. (Gerritsen wrote paperback romance novels before Harvest: Check out her Keeper of the Bride and Thief of Hearts.)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:46 -0400)

Spurred by the death of a younger sibling to pursue a medical career, surgical resident Abby DiMatteo is delighted by her recruitment into a cardiac transplant team, until she is forced to choose between two patients.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,926,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible