Wish Upon a Star by Olivia Goldsmith

Wish Upon a Star

by Olivia Goldsmith

(1) * (1) 2004 (1) 2007 (1) 2010 (1) 2014 (2) @home (1) @previously owned (1) beach book (1) c (1) chick lit (13) fiction (12) fluff (1) girly (1) girly book (1) Kindle (5) knitting (3) library (2) London (3) mm (1) New York (2) novel (1) read (3) reading (1) reread (1) romance (3) small paperback (1) to-read (2) unread (3) x3 (1)

Claire is bored with her life in Manhattan, it seems to be going nowhere, fast, as she knits her way through her time off, juggling family and friends and trying to be all things to all people. She's very passive and allows other people to make decisions for her rather than forging a future that she's happy with. All this comes to a head when Micheal, he work lust-object asks her to go with him to London.

Some desultory sex and expolotative behaviour later, she decides to stay in London, searching for adventure and she finds it, and possibly a future and before the book could be polished up, the author died.

Claire thought about becoming a librarian and is a knitter, so I though I'd have more in common with her than I did, she just was too shallow and too willing to have others act on her rather than do her own thing. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Oct 26, 2010 |
A nice book, I've never been to London so I shared Claire's excitement about the city and it's history.

The epilogue says the author died after she completed this novel, I suspect she actually died before. The last two chapters seem slapped together. Either the publishers printed the author's notes on the chapters or they hired someone to finish it for her. Either way the sloppy ending did it no favours. ( )
  MsNikki | Feb 6, 2008 |
For Millie Mohammad and her dear friend Rose W. Ravid

Life in the city isn't all about sex, shopping and Cosmopolitans. For Clare it is spent working nine to five as another drone at a law firm, desperately wishing that her life could be as exciting as the heroines in romantic novels. That all changes when she is offered an all expenses paid trip.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,515,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible