Roses Are Red by James Patterson

Roses Are Red (2000)

by James Patterson

English (37)  Dutch (1)  All languages (38)
Great book in this series. This in conjunction with Violets are Blue, are definitely my favorite books in the series. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
4 stars. The women in his life don't seem to be very lucky... And, it seems unreal that he doesn't ever really get/stop the bad guy. They just keep piling up in his past(free to roam). I hope the series changes a bit where someone actually gets captured and goes to jail and stays there. Geeze. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
did thaT JUST............... ( )
  beearedee | Feb 14, 2015 |
For some reason this book did not impress me nearly as much as the ones that came before. I found it lacking in depth and suspense and it never really pulled me in. I wish I had borrowed it instead of buying it. If you are into reading all of the Cross series books I would consider it a must read as it will keep you up to date on the life of Alex Cross and point you in the direction of the next one in the series. ( )
  SSbooks | Nov 14, 2014 |
Kirja on omistettu Charlesille ja Isabellelle, Lorrainelle ja
O.B:lle, Maryellenille ja Andrewille, Carolelle, Jimmylle,
Brigidille ja Meredithille, Theresalle ja Rickille, Suzielle ja
Jackille, Artielle, Harriettelle, Richardille, Nancylle,
Gideonille ja Adamille — kaikille perheille,
jotka ovat olleet innoittajina Crossin perheelle.
Brianne Parker didn't look like a bank robber or a murderer -- her pleasantly plump baby face fooled everyone.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446605484, Mass Market Paperback)

Roses Are Red, James Patterson's sixth Alex Cross thriller, opens with the District of Columbia detective attempting to mend his nearly unraveled family. The year-long kidnapping of one's intended (1999's Pop Goes the Weasel) will do that to a relationship. Christine, the kidnappee, is amenable with one reasonable condition: that her family's horizon remain uncluttered by homicidal maniacs. How unfortunate, then, that the joyous christening of their newborn son is rudely interrupted by the FBI bearing news of several heinous murders requiring the attention of detective (and doctor of psychology) Cross.
"Three-year-old boy, the father, a nanny," Kyle said one more time before he left the party. He was about to go through the door in the sun porch when he turned to me and said, "You're the right person for this. They murdered a family, Alex."

As soon as Kyle was gone, I went looking for Christine. My heart sank. She had taken Alex and left without saying good-bye, without a single word.

Which leaves Cross free to hunt the Mastermind, the barbarous brains behind a widening series of bank robberies in which employees or their family members are held hostage and, when instructions aren't followed to the finest iota, slaughtered. Given the cases' glaring and unfathomable inhumanity, Cross's long- time DCPD partner (the wonderful giant, John Sampson) gives way to the warm, attractive, and fiercely intelligent FBI Agent Betsey Cavalierre.

The longer and harder Cross and Cavalierre remain on his trail, the bolder and more brutal--and shiveringly close to home--the Mastermind's strikes become. And, thanks mostly to lightning-short paragraphs and a point of view that rappels from the first-person Cross to the third-person Mastermind, the tale progresses at hot-trot speed to a bona fide doozy of a denouement. It'll be over before you know it, so sit back, hold your breath, and enjoy the show. And stay tuned for the next one. --Michael Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:05 -0400)

Facing a particularly vicious killer in his latest investigation, Alex Cross finds his family targeted by the vengeful Mastermind, a situation complicated by tension in his relationship with his girlfriend and his daughter's unexplained seizures.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 1,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible