The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen

The Sinner (edition 2003)

by Tess Gerritsen

Member:littleturtle82
Title:The Sinner
Authors:Tess Gerritsen
Info:
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, adult, series, young adult, contemporary, romance, religion, crime, novel, death, mystery, action, music, science fiction, travel, science, own, thriller

The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen

English (40)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  English (43)
The more I get into this series the more I like it. This time someone has killed a couple nuns at an abbey and a faceless leper woman. How are they connected? Are they connected? And what happened in India? And why is Isles' ex-husband Victor in town? This book takes you on several twists and turns and I had no clue who the murderer was until the very end. Tess does a great job keeping you guessing and not making it obvious what has happened. I like that this one was more about Dr. Isles. I'm enjoying listening to the audio books so much that I don't want to leave my car and head into work. I've also sat in my car in the garage trying to finish a CD causing my dog frustration. Can't help it, this series is really good. On to book four! ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
This book gave us a lot more information about the Forensic Specialist, Dr Isles. It was a good book. But I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the first two books in this series. Also I feel this would be a lot better series if the medical terminology was toned down a bit, as I was constant,y looking up medical terms. However having said that I did still enjoy the book and I will be continuing the series. I hope the next one brings it up to the same very high quality of the first two. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |
Paul Boehmer
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I like Rizolli but the book was a little to gritty and graphic for my taste. Another 2.5 rating. ( )
  GeneHunter | Mar 13, 2016 |
Well written. The more I read, the more I didn't want this book to end! ( )
  DaffiMere | Jan 28, 2016 |

Gerritsen, Tessprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jäger, AndreasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gij zult niet doden
To my mother, Ruby J. C. Tom, with love.
The driver refused to take him any farther.
Please do not combine with the single title book or the book/bundle containing this story. Thanks.

Within the walls of a cloistered convent, a scene of unspeakable carnage is discovered. On the snow lie two nuns, one dead, one critically injured - victims of a seemingly motiveless, brutally savage attack. Medical examiner Maura Isles' autopsy of the murder victim yields a shocking surprise, but the case takes a disturbing twist. The body of another woman has been found. And someone has gone to a lot trouble to remove her face, hands and feet. As long buried secrets are revealed so, Dr Isles and homicide detective Jane Rizzoli, find themselves part of an investigation that leads to an awful, dawning realisation of the killer's identity...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345458923, Mass Market Paperback)

Not even the icy temperatures of a typical New England winter can match the bone-chilling scene of carnage discovered at the chapel of Our Lady of Divine Light. Within the cloistered convent lie two nuns–one dead, one critically injured–victims of an unspeakably savage attacker. The brutal crime appears to be without motive, but medical examiner Maura Isles’s autopsy of the dead woman yields a shocking surprise: Twenty-year-old Sister Camille gave birth before she was murdered. Then another body is found, mutilated beyond recognition. Together, Isles and homicide detective Jane Rizzoli uncover an ancient horror that connects these terrible slaughters. As long-buried secrets come to light, Maura Isles finds herself drawn inexorably toward the heart of an investigation that strikes close to home–and toward a dawning revelation about the killer’s identity too shattering to consider.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:59 -0400)

One nun is dead and another crically injured, both victims of a brutal crime. Homicide detective Jane Rizzoli works with the medical examiner Maura Isle to discover the killer's identity.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,689,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible