Corpi senza volto by Gerritsen Tess
Member:saintwo2005
Title:Corpi senza volto
Authors:Gerritsen Tess
Other authors:Tissoni Adria (Translator)
Info:TEA
Tags:2000, gialli

The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen (Author)

English (33)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  All languages (36)
A young nun gets killed in the cloister. Soon there are found a lot of mysteries around this young lady. Why was she killed? What did the little girl see?

It was a great book. I didn't read the Rizzoli books in order, so with every book I read I understand a lot more about Rizzoli, her relationship with Gabriel Dean and her daughter. ( )
  MarjoleinL | Mar 29, 2014 |
Kind of a filler in the series. The mystery took a back set, to moving the characters forward. Still enjoyable, I'm looking forward to the next book in the series. ( )
  ComicGirl178 | Mar 14, 2014 |
  ComicGirl178 | Mar 14, 2014 |
After the first two installments of the R&I-series things shift from the Rizzoli point-of-view and her Nemesis, the surgeon, to Maura Isles. Finally those detectives find their balance.
This time a young nun and an old one get killed in a convent. What appears to be the doing of a mad man slowly turns to something else while new layers of the past are revealed. In the meantime Jane Rizzoli has to deal with the question if she could ever be a fit mother who could deal with the father of her unborn child, while Maura Isles is confronted with her ex-husband who wants to reconciliate. And although she stills find herself attracted to him, she gets the impression that he is not completely honest with her.
To make things even more difficult, a clergyman of the convent stirs up certain feelings, too, but he could be part of the murder scheme.
And while the private lifes of R&I get more into focus in this murder plot, the thrill and excitement don´t loose their grip on myself as a reader.
So, this is the best of the first three R&I-detectives, I think, and I am already looking forward to part 4. ( )
  Kaysbooks | Sep 29, 2013 |
I'm not against romance story lines in mysteries. They can give the characters depth and make the book more than just about death. But I detest story lines in novels (and in TV and movies too) that are forced or seem forced on the page. From the beginning of the Gabriel/Rizzoli 'relationship' it has seemed forced. Like Gerritsen wanted to take the 'ugly girl with smarts and spunk' and have the dashing FBI hunk fall for her. (In a tittery voice 'oh who knows why he'd ever love someone who's not a model'. Ack. Sorry, end of my personal sarcasm).

And, then in this novel (I won't spoil exactly what it is) something else happens and my first thought was, 'C'mon, the third book? Really? We've barely gotten to know this character for herself and that's the curve you're throwing at the reader?'

Anyway, it was a fine read for the most part. A solid mystery with good and unexpected twists along the way. I still don't like many of the characters and don't care how Gerritsen writes it, I still can't stand Jane's brother Frankie. I get that in real life a whole lot of people just don't have any redeeming qualities at all, but this is fiction and in fiction most great books need some sort of half way likable character for the reader to identify with. I haven't found one of those characters in this series yet. ( )
  DanieXJ | Aug 18, 2013 |

Gerritsen, TessAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jäger, AndreasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gij zult niet doden
To my mother, Ruby J. C. Tom, with love.
The driver refused to take him any farther.

Within the walls of a cloistered convent, a scene of unspeakable carnage is discovered. On the snow lie two nuns, one dead, one critically injured - victims of a seemingly motiveless, brutally savage attack. Medical examiner Maura Isles' autopsy of the murder victim yields a shocking surprise, but the case takes a disturbing twist. The body of another woman has been found. And someone has gone to a lot trouble to remove her face, hands and feet. As long buried secrets are revealed so, Dr Isles and homicide detective Jane Rizzoli, find themselves part of an investigation that leads to an awful, dawning realisation of the killer's identity...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345458923, Mass Market Paperback)

Not even the icy temperatures of a typical New England winter can match the bone-chilling scene of carnage discovered at the chapel of Our Lady of Divine Light. Within the cloistered convent lie two nuns–one dead, one critically injured–victims of an unspeakably savage attacker. The brutal crime appears to be without motive, but medical examiner Maura Isles’s autopsy of the dead woman yields a shocking surprise: Twenty-year-old Sister Camille gave birth before she was murdered. Then another body is found, mutilated beyond recognition. Together, Isles and homicide detective Jane Rizzoli uncover an ancient horror that connects these terrible slaughters. As long-buried secrets come to light, Maura Isles finds herself drawn inexorably toward the heart of an investigation that strikes close to home–and toward a dawning revelation about the killer’s identity too shattering to consider.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:57 -0400)

One nun is dead and another crically injured, both victims of a brutal crime. Homicide detective Jane Rizzoli works with the medical examiner Maura Isle to discover the killer's identity.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,643,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible