Twisted: A Novel by Jonathan Kellerman

Twisted: A Novel (2004)

by Jonathan Kellerman

English (16)  German (1)  All languages (17)
This was my first Kellerman book, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I don’t know if any of the characters have a back story. Even so I found them believable and complex with some flaws. I prefer my characters real as opposed to heroic. They had flaws but were interesting and likable or unlikable in some cases. Another Petra Connor story would be of interest to me.

The Los Angeles settings were painted descriptively and thoroughly without excess verbosity. I can picture them clearly in my mind. I think I most enjoyed the scenes in the precinct house with the interactions of different police staff.

In my opinion the plot did not stray into implausibility. The finale was satisfying and not overly tidy. I expect I will be reading Kellerman again. ( )
  Grandville | Aug 6, 2018 |
Hollywood homicide detective Petra Connor has helped psychologist Alex Delaware crack tough cases in the past, most recently in Jonathan Kellerman's New York Times bestseller A Cold Heart. Now the complex and wryly compassionate Petra is once again at the center of the action, in a novel of cunning twists and page-turning suspense. Lifeless bodies sprawl in a dance-club parking lot after a brutal L.A. drive-by. Of the four seemingly random victims,... ( )
  Tutter | Feb 27, 2015 |
Well, I finished this. For some reason I had set it aside some time ago (audio) and forgot I was listening to it. Unlike most of the Kellerman series it doesn't feature Alex Delaware and his friend Milo, rather Detective Petra Connor and Eric, her erstwhile lover, who apparently walks on water. The show stealer is Isaac, a PhD candidate interning with the police department, who, through diligent research and a hell of a randy librarian, manages to find the connection between the killer and his victims. Perhaps a bit tenuous connection in my book, but way to whittle away the time. ( )
  ecw0647 | Sep 30, 2013 |
A year has passed since the Cold Heart murders and Detective Petra Connor is, once again, working Hollywood Homicide solo. She has just solved three gang-related killings and is feeling pretty good about herself about life in general – when Isaac Gomez waltzes into her office and tells her he's found something she might want to take a look at. A twenty-two-year-old prodigy researching a Ph.D. in sociology, Isaac has gained access to LAPD case files. But while combing the files, the brilliant young man has come upon a series of apparently unrelated murders all committed shortly after midnight on the exact same date: June 28. Can this be purely coincidence? As Petra 's curiosity leads her to investigate further, she becomes convinced that something evil has managed to conceal itself within the dry pages of the cold-case files. Killings so diabolical and meticulously constructed that they would have remained invisible but for the probing mind of a young, naive genius. To make matters worse, June 28 is only a month away…
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
To Faye
May brought azure skies and California optimism to Hollywood.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345465261, Mass Market Paperback)

Hollywood homicide detective Petra Connor has helped psychologist Alex Delaware crack tough cases in the past. And in Jonathan Kellerman’s New York Times bestseller Billy Straight she took the lead in the desperate hunt for a teenage runaway stalked by a vengeful murderer. Now the complex and wryly compassionate Petra is once again at the center of the action, in a novel of cunning twists and page-turning suspense.

Lifeless bodies sprawl in a dance-club parking lot after a brutal L.A. drive-by. Of the four seemingly random victims, one stands out: a girl with pink shoes who cannot be identified–and who, days later, remains a Jane Doe. With zero leads and no apparent motive, it’s another case destined for the cold file–until Petra decides to follow her instincts and descends into a world of traveling grifters and bloodthirsty killers, pursuing a possible eyewitness whose life is in mortal danger.

Finding her elusive quarry–alive–isn’t all Petra has on her plate: departmental politics threatens to sabotage her case, and her personal life isn’t doing much better. If all that wasn’t enough, Isaac Gomez, a whiz-kid grad student researching homicide statistics at the station house, is convinced he’s stumbled upon a bizarre connection between several unsolved murders. The victims had nothing in common, yet each died by the same method, on the same date–a date that’s rapidly approaching again. And that leaves Petra with little time to unravel the twisted logic of a cunning predator who’s evaded detection for years–and whose terrible hour is once more at hand.

“Why is it so hard to put down a Kellerman thriller?” asks Publishers Weekly. “It’s simple: the nonstop action leaves you breathless; the plot twists keep you guessing; the themes . . . are provocative.” Those in need of still further proof that “Kellerman has shaped the psychological mystery novel into an art form” (Los Angeles Times Book Review) need look no further than Twisted.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:35 -0400)

When a brutal murder is scheduled for June 28th, detective Petra Connor must find the serial killer who, so far, has evaded the police.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,834,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible