Violets Are Blue by James Patterson

Violets Are Blue (2001)

by James Patterson

English (35)  Dutch (1)  All languages (36)
Violets Are Blue picks up where Roses Are Red left off. This was a great read I really enjoyed it and finally one with a good ending. ( )
  CurlUpAndRead | Jun 10, 2019 |
Great read! This was my first Patterson book and I can now see why he's such a popular author. he writes in such a way that is very easy for anyone to follow. His word usage and sentence structure is plain but very blunt and to the point. His story is well told. He definitely takes you on a splendid roller coaster ride with his larger than life characters. Although this book was #7 in the Cross series, I did not feel at all lost or left out of the story. Patterson carries on gracefully in this way. Very good read. I'm looking forward to reading more from Patterson soon! ( )
  TheReadingMermaid | Jan 1, 2018 |
one of the most craziest and thrilling Alex Cross books yet. Absolutely enjoyed it from start to finish. ( )
  BingeReader87 | Nov 22, 2017 |
Another selection from the little free library. There are numerous books by this author, and so I thought I'd try it just to see how I liked it.
Well, it lived up to its promise as a page turner. Once I got into it, I couldn't put it down until I was done. Sadly, though, it's just not my kind of book. I won't bother with the other books by this author.
Two types of villains were featured - the vampires and "the mastermind." I will admit I didn't figure out who the new sire of the vampires would turn out to be. But I did catch the foreshadowing of the mastermind. It wasn't long after that when the author explicitly identified who it was.
There were lots of names in the book - people I might have cared about. But there wasn't really much character development to let me feel that I knew them
So, I'm done with this book. ( )
  CarolJMO | Dec 12, 2016 |
Great book in the series. Quick, easy read from James Patterson (or whoever?) Again, Alex maintains a balance between family life, romance and the job. The latter takes him all over the country as he begins to solve one mystery and then it all mixes together. Who knew that there is an entire vampire culture extant in the USA? ( )
  buffalogr | Aug 16, 2016 |
Tämä kirja on omistettu ystävälleni Kyle Craigille, joka ei
työskentele FBI:ssa mutta jolla on mielestäni tosi siisti nimi.
Täytyy mainita myös muutama muu taiteensuosija: Jim Heekin,
Mary Jordan, Fern Galperin, Maria Pugatch, Irene Markocki, Barbara Groszewski,
Tony Peyser ja oma suloinen Suzieni.
Mikään ei ikinä ala siitä mistä luulisi.

D.C. Detective Alex Cross has seen a lot of crime scenes. But even he is appalled by the gruesome murders of two joggers in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park--killings that look more like the work of savage beasts than humans. Local police are horrified and even the FBI is baffled. Then, as Cross is called in to take on the case, the carnage takes off, leaving a trail of bodies across America and sweeping him to Savannah, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Los Angeles...as his nemesis, the merciless criminal known as the Mastermind, stalks him, taunts him, and, once again, threatens everything he holds dear...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446611212, Mass Market Paperback)

Fans of James Patterson's resourceful cop Alex Cross will be relieved to find that he's back on familiar territory with Violets Are Blue--and, more importantly, that this is one of the best Alex Cross thrillers yet.

The malign criminal genius of Roses Are Red is fixing to give Alex a hard time once again. The FBI joins Patterson's dogged cop in a particularly unsettling investigation: two San Francisco joggers have been viciously murdered and are found suspended by their feet, with all the blood drained from their corpses. And when further brutal deaths follow in California and on the East Coast, Alex is forced to contemplate the bizarre possibility of modern-day vampires, although his instincts point him to one of the many sinister religious cults that flourish on the West Coast. Aided by Jamilla Hughes, a streetwise young woman detective from San Francisco, Alex finds that he has to crack not one but two impenetrable mysteries to stop further bloodletting.

Patterson fans expect the extremely concise, page-turning chapters (116 of them here!), along with a reluctance to dawdle over details of his hero's personal life, and both characteristics are firmly back in place. If you can resist reading this one in just a few sittings, you deserve some kind of a thriller reader's medal. --Barry Forshaw, Amazon.co.uk

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:23 -0400)

Alex Cross joins forces with a female San Francisco detective to investigate a pattern of murders occurring across the country that draws him into the bizarre underground subculture of ritual role-playing and vampirism.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,758,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible