The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home by…

Book #2 in the graphic novel series.

This was a definitely faster read than the first book in the series. I like that they are expanding on Roland during his Wizard and Glass era. This time Roland gets pulled into the Pink Grapefruit.

For the rest of the review, visit my blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/106987.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Jul 5, 2016 |
These graphic novels are beautifully bound and the artwork is immense. The characters look as I pictured them. There is just enough to let your own imagination work too. Any Dark Tower junkie should own these. Truly beautiful. ( )
  Arkrayder | Apr 22, 2016 |
This is the 2nd book in the Dark Tower graphic novel series. There are a total of eleven books in this series. I didn’t like this book quite as much as the first book, but still really enjoyed the illustration throughout.

Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain are fleeing the Big Coffin Hunters in an effort to get home in one piece. However when Roland’s mind gets taken over by the big grapefruit-like globe that they stole from the Coffin Hunters he goes on a strange metaphysical journey of sorts. Meanwhile while Roland is off in lala land the rest of the ka-tet is struggling to escape from both the Big Coffin Hunters and other strange beasts. Additionally we follow Sheemie’s story as he gets a bit lost and undergoes horrible torture to gain great power.

This book was a bit more scattered than the first one. We alternate between Roland, Sheemie, and Cuthbert/Alain. While some interesting things happen in this book I missed Roland and would have liked to see more of him in this story.

We do get to meet the Crimson King which was intriguing (and kind of disturbing). This almost seemed like a transitional volume; like it was setting up things for the next part of the story. However, after the first book the story in The Long Road Home seemed a bit anti-climatic.

I continue to really enjoy the illustration throughout. I love colors and the detail in the illustration.

Overall I enjoyed this second installment in the Dark Tower graphic novel series. The whole thing has this very fantasy post-apocalyptic western feel to it that I really enjoyed. I do think that this installment was a bit weaker than the first one. I would definitely recommend this graphic novel series to those who enjoy gritty fantasies. ( )
  krau0098 | May 24, 2015 |
It's hard for me to review graphic novels, but I'm committed to having a review for everything I read, so I'm at least going to try...

This was a nice and enjoyable entry into the series. Where as the first in the series stuck to the plot we already know from Wizards and Glass, this ventures into the unknown and covers the events we didn't hear about that follow that story. I guess it's more like 3.5 stars rather than 4 four for me. I liked it a lot, and will continue in the series.. But it wasn't perfect, and I'm hoping the story gets better from here, and hooks me in more. ( )
  breakofdawn | Jun 11, 2013 |
The graphic novels for the Dark Tower series are a must read for anyone who enjoyed the Dark Tower series. Learning about Ronald as a young gunslinger as well as Cuthbert and Alain gives a great background story to the original series. ( )
  bibliophile_pgh | Jun 4, 2013 |

Stephen Kingprimary authorall editionscalculated
David, Petermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Furth, Robinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
David, Petersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
It's a truism that to have a great super hero comic, you need a great villain.
In a world that has moved on Roland Deschain was goaded by his father's enemies into facing his coming-of-age battle early earning the title of Gunslinger at the unheard-of age of fourteen.
This is an omnibus edition and should not be combined with the individual issues of the comics series.

It's the return of the best-selling comic book series, inspired by Stephen King's epic The Dark Tower! Gunslinger Roland Deschain has seen the death of his lover Susan Delgado. And the Big Coffin Hunters who burned her at the stake are now in pursuit of Roland and his ka-tet Cuthbert and Alain. The friends are forced to flee into the desert with the deadly posse in hot pursuit... .and Roland is in a coma! Don't miss the next chapter in the saga of the Gunslinger whose quest for the Dark Tower will shake the foundation of reality itself! Collects Dark Tower: The Long Road Home #1-5.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:22 -0400)

After seeing the death of his lover Susan Delgado, Gunslinger Roland Deschain and his ka-tet Cuthbert and Alain are forced to flee into the desert with a deadly posse--the Big Coffin Hunters--in hot pursuit.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,144 books! | Top bar: Always visible