Ghost in the Mirror: Real Cases of Spirit…

Ghost in the Mirror: Real Cases of Spirit Encounters

by Leslie Rule

good book ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
I loved this book. Many of the books I buy I donate to the library after reading, but not this one. If you enjoy the popular television shows like My Ghost Story and a A Haunting I think you'll enjoy this read. It is all about true ghost stories that involve mirrors or other reflective surfaces. I found many of the stories to be fascinating. It probably helped that I personally love a good ghost story and a good ghost hunt. ( )
  Amy.Armbruster | May 5, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I found the Ghost in the Mirror to be an excellent read. I have a fairly good paranormal selection but this is the first book I have read from this author. I will be looking for her other titles. The stories ranged from interesting to downright spooky. The author has included the addresses of the public places such as hotels and restaurants. I found this really made the stories spookier. The address seemed to make the story more tangible and also kind of tugs at you to go and see for yourself if you dare. Spooky enough that this is probably going to be a living room book rather than a night table selection for most people. ( )
  pubby | Dec 5, 2008 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
*I received this book as part of the LibraryThing Early Reader Program.

If you love real life ghost stories and tales of haunted houses, hospitals and highways this is an excellent book for you. A compendium of tales of apparitions and mysterious happenings the book is cut into small, easy to digest pieces and often includes contact information for the restaurants, hotels and stores that claim to have ghostly residents.

Rule does offer some research into the possible identities of the ghosts, as well as token information on area ghost hunters and enough contact information to plan a ghost theme vacation.

She doesn't offer a skeptic's point of view or attempt to make the otherworldly scientific (aside from mentioning EVPs and batteries draining on investigations). She does include many interesting pictures that while not supernatural are mood setting.

If you don't like tales of hauntings then you won't find anything new here. But ghost fans can be insatiable and this is a fine starting place or addition to a fan's library. ( )
  Michele_lee | Nov 13, 2008 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I finished reading Leslie Rule's Ghost in the Mirror a month ago - or rather I lost interest in reading Ghost in the Mirror a month ago. I read about 1/3 of it, and was completely unengaged by it. The stories were very short and unconvincing, and I'm a believer in the paranormal: it shouldn't take that much to convince me.

Also, as others have pointed out, the title is not very fitting.

I won't be seeking out any of Leslie Rule's other works. ( )
  Peripa | Oct 25, 2008 |

Whether they are bumping about our attics, hitchhiking on a moonlight road, or fraternizing with our reflections, ghosts tantalize us with their secrets." --Leslie Rule

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:10 -0400)

Whether they are bumping about our attics, hitchhiking on a moonlight road, or fraternizing with our reflections, ghosts tantalize us with their secrets. --Leslie RuleMeet Leslie Rule-America's real-life ghost hunter with a penchant for sharing authentic, spine-tingling stories of the paranormal.The Gallup Organization reports that more than 32 percent of Americans have seen a ghost. More than half the population believes in the spiritual, cosmic, or supernatural. To Leslie Rule, such revelations come as no surprise. Rule has spent more than a decade researching specters and spirits and has chronicled her ghostly tales in three previous titles, Coast to Coast Ghosts, Ghosts Among Us, and When the Ghost Screams.Inside Ghost in the Mirror, Rule documents more than dozens of stories of paranormal apparitions that reveal themselves on the other side of the looking glass. Rule's painstaking archival research presents factual clues to each haunting, along with her own dramatic black-and-white photographs that capture the eerie unrest of the scenes she explores.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Leslie Rule's book Ghost in the Mirror was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,996,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible