Black Butler, Volume 4 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Volume 4

by Yana Toboso

This is the fourth volume in the Black Butler series. While I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as the previous three books, this was still a very entertaining book. It is beautifully drawn and very intriguing as well as humorous and entertaining.

In this book we meet a young Indian prince and his bodyguard; they are looking for a young woman named Mina and would like Ciel’s help. Ciel is called to act in his role as protector of the crown when Anglo Indians are found stripped and hung upside down from shops in multiple incidents.

This manga continues to be very well done. We find a bit more about Ciel’s history and how Sebastian ended up serving him. We also learn a bit more about the Phantomhive business interests and how they are connected to the crown. All of it was very interesting and fun to read about.

This book wasn’t quite as good as the last two books (it ends up being a bit more silly) but it was still highly entertaining. The manga is beautifully drawn and has a lot of wonderful detail throughout.

Overall an excellent addition to the Black Butler series. I would recommend to those who enjoy manga with both historical and paranormal elements. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series!
  krau0098 | Nov 7, 2015 |
I liked this volume slightly less than the previous three novels. But only slightly and it might just be that it was a little less serious. Although there were moments. Here we do figure out some of Ciel's past, although Sebastian is still a mystery. Soon, I'm sure the full story will come out. Artwork is consistently great. Toboso does the story as well as the art so just looking at the cover art you can get a sense of the artwork inside. :) On to more. ( )
1 vote Kassilem | Dec 12, 2012 |
This volume takes off into the first part of a really odd story arc about a curry contest.
  LibraryGirl11 | Nov 10, 2011 |

Sent in by Her Majesty, young Earl Phantomhive and his most capable butler, Sebastian, follow a trail that collides head-on with an Indian youth who claims to be a prince.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,865,108 books! | Top bar: Always visible