Amy's Bread

by Amy Scherber

An illustrated update of the 1996 classic, that lets you make Amy's hearts, satisfying breads in your own kitchen.
Recently added byatulchin, private library, CWE, MaryKNahl, lutzgeissler, Fuzzbutt, SouthProfTech

Amy's Bread is a beautiful cookbook packed with color photographs and precise, detailed instructions. Beware - these recipes are not simple, or easy to throw together. Most of the recipes I tried required at least a half day with tasks every hour or so. Because the recipes are so time consuming I was skeptical, but oh the results! The bread I made from this cookbook was some of the most beautiful, full-flavored bread I have ever made. These loaves were well worth the extra effort. I made Golden Whole Wheat Bread, Crispy Bread Sticks with Anise, Coriander, and Mustard Seeds, and Fresh Rosemary Bread with Olive Oil.
My only complaint is that, in general, the breads were saltier than I like. Cutting the salt in half easily fixes that problem.

I have the new, 2010 version, and I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in bread baking! ( )
  frisbeesage | Jun 30, 2010 |
Great bread recipes and ideas. This book has an interesting collection of innovative breads. Very inspiring. Good, precise, recipes. Sadly out-of-print, but a new and improved second edition will come out in 2009 (with measurements, finally, in metric!), with most of the recipes from this book plus some new ones. ( )
  oriboaz | May 5, 2008 |
Best bread book ever. If you make any bread at home, try this book. ( )
  nedhall | Mar 23, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,632,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible