Some Like It Wild by Teresa Medeiros

Some Like It Wild

by Teresa Medeiros

Series: Highland Hearts (4), Kincaid (2)

First of all, great humor, which I missed a bit in the first part of this series. The plot is not that unique and the end is predictable, but the execution is wonderful. I love the characters.
Nice detail: part 1 is partly a road story where the sister travels north, part 2 is partly a road story where the brother travels south. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
I have quickly become a fan of Ms. M. This wasn't my favorite, but I still enjoyed it. There were several eye Rolling moments that stretched my edges of belief, but in the end, that added to the melodramatic nature of this story. Pamela was well characterized as the responsible older sibling who craved the adventure that would only validate her dishonorable birth, and readers could anticipate the truth about Connor, the highwayman, fairly quickly. Like a scene out of Cat Ballou, I loved the rescue from hanging. Sophie might have been better characterized, but as a secondary character, it wasn't as important. I would recommend this as a light romp, more appealing to those who appreciate the word "mellerdrama". ( )
  Karla.Brandenburg | Apr 13, 2013 |
This is one of the nastiest (and therefore funniest) romance books I've ever read. I loved it. ( )
  TeenieLee | Apr 3, 2013 |
I was expecting a typical historical romance plot. However, this book was different. It has all the same elements, but very well done. Connor is a highwayman who meets Pamela with a gun in his hand. Of course, Pamela proves this as no obstacle, and begins their journey. Agreeing to help each other out with the masquerade, they begin to see eye to eye.

I didn't give it 4 stars because it was a slow start for me. However, I thoroughly enjoyed from the middle to the end of the book. What a great love story between Connor and Pamela. Of course, there were other “love stories” among other characters that just added to the depth of the book. Once this momentum hit, it continued all the way to the end of the book. Lots of great characters who you grew to love. Crispin, in the beginning I kind of hated, but in the end he changed my mind. Great character development.

The romance scenes are hot and fairly detailed.

Verdict: This cover is absolutely beautiful. I was looking for a Teresa Medeiros book, not having read anything by her before, and of course it was the cover that encouraged me to pick it up and read the summary. I will definitely read another book by this same author.

Recommendation: To anyone who loves historical romances. ( )
  nsjlh | Apr 1, 2012 |
Non male, anche se la fine mi è sembrata un po' appiccicata.
E' il mio primo della Medeiros, non sarà l'ultimo. ( )
  viviennesreads | Jan 28, 2011 |

Teresa Medeirosprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parry, CharlotteReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Forberg, Leif-Eriksecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the memory of Eric Myers. You were the rarest of creatures -- a natural athlete and a gorgeous geek who loved volleyball and Star Wars equally. Nobody imitated Christ more gracefully than you, dear friend. See you on the other side.
To Eric Medeiros -- I'd always wanted a brother and then God gave me you, which means you should be careful what you ask for. Thanks for reading my books and letting me write at your house!
And for my darling Michael -- my husband, my hero, and my heart. You make every day a grand adventure.
"I need a man," Pamela Darby proclaimed with the same matter-of-fact conviction she would have used to announce "I need a scrap of lace to mend my hem" or "I need a fresh turnip for tonight's stew."

Pamela Darby needs a man - preferably a Highland brute with more brawn than brains. Determined to save her sister from selling her virtue, the resourceful beauty reqires a strapping specimen to pose as a duke's long lost heir. Pamela plans to collect the generous reward, then send him on his way. Lucky for the brazen beauty, the seductive, silver-eyed highwayman who just held up their carriage could be her man. Connor Kincaid has given up on his dream of restoring his clan's honor. And now this plucky Englishwoman is asking him to take part in a risky charade that could land them both on the gallows. Never a man to resist a challenge or the allure of a beautiful woman, Connor strikes the devil's bargain that could seal both their fates. The highwayman and the hellion journey to London as both enemies and allies - a woman who has everthing to gain and a man who has nothing to lose... but his heart.

Pamela Darby decides she needs a man who will pose as a duke's long-lost heir, so she can collect the reward and save her sister from "selling her virtue." When Connor Kincaid tries to hold up their stagecoach, Pamela offers him the opportunity and Connor, having nothing to lose agrees.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible