First Comes Marriage by Mary Balogh

First Comes Marriage

by Mary Balogh

Series: The Huxtables (1)

Recently added byErina39, DaniLea

English (26)  Spanish (1)  All (27)
Great book. I absolutely LOVED Vanessa. I don't think that I have ever loved another heroine more than her. I'm really looking foward to reading the rest of the series. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
This was my first book by Mary Balogh and after reading so many favorable reviews I expected a lot... Too much maybe, because I was very disappointed.

The plot itself wasn't very interesting, the hero and heroine weren't very interesting - she was even bordering on not likeable for me - and it took longer than usual to read it.

The only person I did find interesting was the hero's ex-best friend Con. The book started with him and it took a long time before I realized he had been sidelined for good. Obviously his role will be drawn out over the series. ETA Looking at the other books in this series, I noticed he will be the hero of the fifth book. I might hang in there a bit longer...

Grade: D /C- ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Fun.
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
Historical fiction that would appeal the fans of Phillippa Gregory. Very well done and most entertaining. ( )
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
She does it again... Ms Balogh guides you on a merry ride of romance!

LOVE Mary Balogh! ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |

Balogh, Maryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Flosnik, AnneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pertus, SophieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Warren Hall in Hampshire, principal country seat for generations past of the Earls of Merton, was surrounded by a large, well-landscaped park, in one secluded corner of which there was a small chapel, used nowadays almost exclusively for family weddings, christenings, and funerals since there was a sizable church in the village nearby for regular worship.

blurb: The arrival of Elliott Wallace, the irresistibly eligible Viscount Lyngate, has thrown the country village of Throckbridge into a tizzy. Desperate to rescue her eldest sister from a loveless union, Vanessa Huxtable Dew offers herself instead. In need of a wife, Elliot takes the audacious widow up ion her unconventional proposal while he pursues an urgent mission of his own. But a strange thing happens on the way to the wedding night. Two strangers with absolutely nothing in common can’t keep their hands off each other. Now, as intrigue swirls around a past secret - one with a stunning connection to the Huxtables - Elliot and Vanessa are uncovering the glorious pleasures of the marriage bed…and discovering that when it comes to wedded bliss, love cant be far behind.

"Against the scandal and seduction of Regency England, New York author Mary Balogh introduces an extraordinary family(N ?(Bthe fiery, sensual Huxtables. Vanessa is the second daughter, proud and daring, a young widow who has her own reason for pursuing the most eligible bachelor in London. One that has nothing to do with love. Or does it? The arrival of Elliott Wallace, the irresistibly eligible Viscount Lyngate, has thrown the country village of Throckbridge into a tizzy. Desperate to rescue her eldest sister from a loveless union, Vanessa Huxtable Dew offers herself instead. In need of a wife, Elliott takes the audacious widow up on her unconventional proposal while he pursues an urgent mission of his own. But a strange thing happens on the way to the wedding night. Two strangers with absolutely nothing in common can(N ?(Bt keep their hands off each other. Now, as intrigue swirls around a past secret(N ?(Bone with a stunning connection to the Huxtables(N ?(BElliott and Vanessa are uncovering the glorious pleasures of the marriage bed! =and discovering that when it comes to wedded bliss, love can(N ?(Bt be far behind.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,550,360 books! | Top bar: Always visible