The Rabbit House by Laura Alcoba

The Rabbit House

by Laura Alcoba

Spanish (3)  English (2)  All (5)
This was a beautiful, haunting story. I wish I could read French so I could read Alcoba's follow-up. I also wish I knew more about Argentinian history, because there were parts that were not perfectly familiar to me, but the larger political picture is really not what matters most here, I think: it's the horror of growing up a child in the midst of what amounts to civil war, and Alcoba's prose captured that perfectly (however much we wish no one had to). ( )
  Kristin_Curdie_Cook | Apr 29, 2016 |
La casa de los conejos es una novela que evoca los años de la dictadura, de la vida de montoneros viviendo en la clandestinidad,en una casa,relatado en la voz de una niña que vivìa su infancia y el miedo a que sus padres fuesen descubiertos. ( )
  Clausole | Apr 15, 2016 |

Laura was 7 years-old when her parents' political sympathies began to draw the attention of the dictator's regime. Before long, her father was imprisoned and Laura and her mother were forced to leave their apartment in the capital of Buenos Aires to go into hiding in a small, run-down house on the outskirts. This is the 'rabbit house' where the resistance movement is building a secret printing press, and setting up a rabbit farm to conceal their activities. Laura now finds herself living a clandestine existence - crouching beneath a blanket into the car on her way to school, forbidden from talking to friends or neighbours, and only half understanding the conversations she overhears between the adults in the house.Biographies & Autobiographies.History.Political activism.South America.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible