Tales of the Supernatural by Frank Brennan

Tales of the Supernatural

by Frank Brennan

Six stories are included in this book.I like"A bed for Ambrose".
Ambrose are operated in the hospital.Then,he saw himself from the ceiling.
Some stories are interesting,but others not so.I didn't read it actively.But you can find favorite stories in this book. ( )
  dressy | Jun 1, 2011 |
There are six stories about a world we cannot explain. For example, a beautifui actress met a strange man, and finally, she found it very dangerous. I can't describe them in great detail, but the six stories are very scary and also teach us something important, just like lessons.
All stories were very scary, and after reading this book, I didn't want to take a bath by myself, like a children. But, this one is not just scary, but also teachs us something important. So I think it's a good idea to read these stories to children who don't listen to you. There are many different stories in this book, so they won't get bored. ( )
  nolen111 | May 18, 2011 |
This is about very misterious tales.It's a collection of short stories.Most of them are a little frightening.
I think those stories are interesting and some of them are similar to Japanese old tales a little.So I felt nostalgia when I read it.But I don't like frightening stories.That's why I give this book three stars. ( )
  eimu | May 16, 2011 |
Do you believe supernatural happenings?
There're 6 stories which are hard to explain.

I like and often read stories like these.
I think they're not horror stories but they are scarier than horror stories.
I like 4th one. It was scary and made me think about 'old things'. ( )
  chatmarie | Jul 8, 2010 |
Even in this morden society, we have many things which we can't explain chemcally. There are 6 short stories in this book. Charactars in each stories have strange, misterious experences.
I shudder a little at some stories inthis book. However I could guess the ends of the other stories. I recomend the story titled "The Tea", a popular British writer became Japanese. ( )
  VanHalen | May 28, 2010 |

Award-winning original fiction for learners of English. At seven levels, from Starter to Advanced, this impressive selection of carefully graded readers offers exciting reading for every student's capabilities. Six stories about a world we cannot explain. A film star discovers the dangers of dancing with a stranger. A man comes face-to-face with his father's history. An Irish-American family cannot escape someone from the past. A woman doesn't listen to warnings about an old tree. An English writer slowly becomes more and more Japanese. And a killer watches himself die in hospital. Paperback-only version. Also available with Audio CDs including complete text recordings from the book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:30 -0400)

Six stories about a world we cannot explain -- a film star discovers the dangers of dancing with a stranger, a man comes face to face with his father's past, an Irish-American family cannot escape someone from the past, a woman doesn't listen when she is told not to destroy a very old tree, an English writer slowly becomes more and more Japanese, and a killer "sees" himself die in a hospital.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,025,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible