Ariol #3: Happy as a Pig by Emmanuel Guibert

Ariol #3: Happy as a Pig (2011)

by Emmanuel Guibert, Marc Boutavant (Designer)

Series: Ariol (3)

Ariol: Happy as a Pig is a delightful, fun graphic novel that children of all ages will enjoy! The story is comic-like, yet offers a plot that authentically represents children's interactions and emotions, making the novel perfect for older elementary students. This story is funny, quirky, and perfect for students during leisurely and enjoyable reading time. ( )
  hannahlowe | Oct 16, 2016 |
This is #3 in a series of graphic novels about a little donkey, Ariol, going about his day to day business. There are plenty of other characters in this book, but he is mainly accompanied by Ramono, the little pig who is his best friend. This book is broken down into many different stories, but a common theme throughout them is his love for Thunder Horse, a popular superhero. ( )
  childrenslitpdx | Mar 13, 2016 |
Just delightful! I've grown quite fond of this anthropomorphic community. Such lovely, but very real-life characteristics. I had a smile on my face the whole way through but wasn't laughing out loud like the last volume so just a tad lower rating than volume 2. Volume 3 continues with episodic short stories centred around Ariol the donkey and his family, friends, community and school. As the title suggests his best friend Ramono, the pig, is given some extra feature time as the stories largely surround their friendship and their love for the superhero Thunder Horse. We even get to meet Ramono's sister and mother. No age is ever given for our heroes but we are told Ramono's older sister is 14, so I'm thinking Ariol et al. are about 12yo. Kids will certainly identify with the realistic slice -of-life situations which are played out here for humour on both a level that kids and adults will enjoy separately. ( )
  ElizaJane | May 22, 2014 |

Emmanuel Guibertprimary authorall editionscalculated
Boutavant, MarcDesignermain authorall editionsconfirmed

"Ariol is a donkey and his best friend Ramono is a pig. One is blue with long ears and big glasses, the other is pink with a snout like a light socket. They may not be similar, but they are friends. This third volume continues Ariol's adventures at home and at school, but also gives us a closer look at his life with his best friend, Ramono" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,467,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible