The Force Unleashed by Sean Williams

The Force Unleashed

by Sean Williams

The main character is very interesting, but the action scenes are pretty dull.
  R.E.Stearns | Aug 15, 2017 |
Ok, I knew this book based on a videogame but I hoped it's not so bad. But it is. It's simply a bad book. The story of the book is the following ( no exaggeration here at all): landing on a planet - fight - advancing - fight - advancing - boss fight. The characters are so two-dimensional that it hurts, the two antagonists relationship and the fight at the end of the book with Vader AND the Emperor are laughable and completely unrealistic. I know there's a sequel but I doubt that I'll read it. ( )
  TheCrow2 | May 24, 2017 |
based upon the videogame of the same name. A nameless secret apprentice of Darth Vader's ends up helping to create the rebellion.

This book was yet another good reason why most games don't make good books. This read like a game. Go here, do this, go there, do that. The character development was pretty nil. The contradictions in this story were huge, imo. A sith apprentice who easily switches over to the light? He changed the course of a StarDestroyer for goodness sake, with darkside power. That should have twisted him beyond recognition.

It was just one big piece of crap. I didn't enjoy reading it and am glad it is not the beginning of a series, for I would have to skip it. ( )
1 vote BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Have had to start/return/lather/rinse/repeat on this book several times, but _finally_ finished this past summer.
Best parts of it were the PROXY snark, seeing Master Shaak-Ti again, and hearing Lt. Crashdown's voice in my head as The Apprentice.
Of course, now that all EU is un-canon... *sigh* ( )
  DeborahJ2016 | Oct 26, 2016 |
I haven't read many Star Wars books yet, but I liked this one. It had a lot of action and an interesting plot. I wish the author had gone more in depth with the love story and the characters, but it was still a fun read. I LOVE how this book ties in with the movies!

If this book doesn't keep your interest, at least read the last chapter. Believe me, it'll be worth it. ( )
  NinjaTat | Dec 20, 2014 |
For my family: Amanda, Xander, and Finn; and Seb, always
The life of Darth Vader's secret student took a strange and deadly turn the day his Master first spoke of General Rahm Kota.
This is the novel by Sean Williams. Do not combine with the comic book by Haden Blackman or the video game by LucasArts.

“The Sith always betray one another. . . . I’m sure you’ll learn that soon enough.”

The overthrow of the Republic is complete. The Separatist forces have been smashed, the Jedi Council nearly decimated, and the rest of the Order all but destroyed. Now absolute power rests in the iron fist of Darth Sidious–the cunning Sith lord better known as the former Senator, now Emperor, Palpatine. But more remains to be done. Pockets of resistance in the galaxy must still be defeated and missing Jedi accounted for . . . and dealt with. These crucial tasks fall to the Emperor’s ruthless enforcer, Darth Vader. In turn, the Dark Lord has groomed a lethal apprentice entrusted with a top-secret mission: to comb the galaxy and dispatch the last of his masters’ enemies, thereby punctuating the dark side’s victory with the Jedi’s doom.

Since childhood, Vader’s nameless agent has known only the cold, mercenary creed of the Sith. His past is a void; his present, the carrying out of his deadly orders. But his future beckons like a glistening black jewel with the ultimate promise: to stand beside the only father he has ever known, with the galaxy at their feet. It is a destiny he can realize only by rising to the greatest challenge of his discipleship: destroying Emperor Palpatine.

The apprentice’s journeys will take him across the far reaches of the galaxy, from the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk to the junkyard planet of Raxus Prime. On these missions, the young Sith acolyte will forge an unlikely alliance with a ruined Jedi Master seeking redemption and wrestle with forbidden feelings for his beautiful comrade, Juno Eclipse. And he will be tested as never before–by shattering revelations that strike at the very heart of all he believes and stir within him long-forgotten hopes of reclaiming his name . . . and changing his destiny.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:13 -0400)

Set between Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope, an action-packed official novel based on the release of the new Star Wars video game follows Darth Vader as he embarks on a quest to rid the galaxy of the Jedi and confronts life-altering decisions that could change everything.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible