Bliss to You: Trixie's Guide to a Happy…

Bliss to You: Trixie's Guide to a Happy Life

by Trixie Koontz (Dog), Dean Koontz

Sensitive, funny, lovely! ( )
  kgbradham | Oct 17, 2009 |
Dean Koontz's golden retriever offers sweet, if a bit silly at times, advice for achieving bliss. ( )
  jreeder | Mar 14, 2009 |
I purchased this book through a book club so I really just went off the title as to the contents. I was some what disappointed with how simple this book is. It is a very short read with just short inspirational thoughts and quotes that are attributed to the dog Trixie. It's basically too cute but there are some very funny quotes. After reading Garth Stein's book, The Art of Racing in the Rain, I was hoping for something similar. Even though dissapointing it is humorus. I am a dog lover and I own a Golden Retriever as well. I can fully relate to the authors feelings for their beloved Trixie. Once I read that all proceeds from the book go to the Canine Companions organization I felt better about my purchase. So will you. ( )
  realbigcat | Dec 31, 2008 |
I’ll admit it – I love dogs. What amazes me about my dogs is that they are content, not just happy, but completely at ease. I’ve always wanted to be more like my dogs.

Trixie Koontz agrees and calls this state ‘bliss’. Trixie was the faithful companion of author Dean Koontz until her death in 2007. Now on the other side, Trixie has written this book to show humans how to achieve bliss.

According to Trixie, there are eight steps to reaching bliss:

- Calm
- Beauty
- Fun
- Meaning
- Others
- Humility
- Loss
- Gratitude

In each section, Trixie explains how to focus on the important things in life and let go of the trivial.

Along the way, she also bestows important dog wisdom, such as:

“Optimism is like mental cookie.
Cookie nourishes tummy.
Optimism nourishes heart.”

I have to admit that I cried through the Foreword, written by Dean Koontz. Dog books always seem to bring tears with them. However, the rest of the book was incredibly uplifting and enjoyable.

Bliss to You will be released on September 16, 2008. All author proceeds will be donated to Canine Companions for Independence.

Maybe the path to bliss really is paved with dog wisdom. I hope so!

Bliss to you, Trixie. ( )
  monkimom | Aug 9, 2008 |

Koontz, TrixieDogprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Koontz, Deanmain authorall editionsconfirmed
I, Trixie, who is dog, dedicate this book to my human mom, Gerda, whose quiet voice and kind eyes always filled me with joy.
Bliss to you.
Dogs are more responsible than average Hollywood starlet, and starlets all drive.
Humans are afraid of calm.
Only thing want as much as happy world is sausages.
Life without cookie unthinkable.
Humans eat so slow. Maybe is beacause your names are not on your dishes, so you're never sure it's your food, okay to eat.

Dean Koontz is quite well-known, as is the Koontz family's golden retriever, Trixie Koontz. Before passing away in 2007, Trixie was a guest on Dean's website, revealing dog-themed tales to Koontz fans. Now Dean Koontz presents Trixie's own book! Bliss to You provides essential wisdom on living life to its greatest potential.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,464 books! | Top bar: Always visible