Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn

Kitty and the Midnight Hour

by Carrie Vaughn

Series: Kitty Norville (1)

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Great urban fantasy series, both first person narratives with shapeshifting female protagonists.
    Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (amberwitch)
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (francescadefreitas)
    Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs (amberwitch)
    Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The Kitty series isn't quite as good as Wilks's Lupi series (in my opinion) but if you enjoyed one I think you're likely to enjoy the other. Both are urban fantasies with a werewolf theme. The Lupi series is well written with engaging characters in an interesting urban fantasy world, quite fast paced with some romance too :o). The Kitty series is good fun despite the occasional daft plot premise and unexplainable actions by characters.
    ps Patricia Brigg's Mercy series - starting with Moon Called - outshines both of these, but someone's already recommended that here so I had to make do with second best!
    … (more)
    Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge (shadiphoenix)
    Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: Similar themes of "woman finding her place among peers/friends as she grows into her skills/strengths".

I didn't get it. Kitty is a whiny and weak character. The attraction between her and Cormac and is forced and unresolved. ( )
  SevenAcreBooks | Jul 11, 2018 |
~ 2.5 Stars ~

I enjoyed "Kitty and the Midnight Hour", thou it had it's down sides to it as well. I hope the character Kitty grows up more in the series, for she does seam to have potentinal and from what I see the series did take off.

The plot was interesting with assassins, fake faith healers peddling a cure, disappearing vampires and the revaluation that supernaturals do exist in the world. The beginning of the book I was a little disgusted with the characters. The end though totally suppressed and annoyed me.

I liked the radio talk show aspect and Kitty's personality on the air, but off the air she has/had issues. Though Kitty does grow up some and realizes some key things about herself and the pack.

I did not like the third person talk when in wolf form. It was interesting, but did not work so much for me. I also did not like the pack and it's mentality. I hope all pack's in this series are not like that. I'm a little spooled with Patricia Briggs & Terry Spears werewolf's.

All and all this was an ok read! I hope the next book in the series is an improvement. I will give it a try!

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
After reading "Il est ne" by Carrie Vaughn in "Wolfsbane and Mistletoe" last christmas, I decided I wanted to read more of her work. So I decided to start the Kitty Norville series. "Kitty and the midnigh hour" is the first book in the series and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to reading the next book now and the rest of the series. Kitty is a wonderful main character and I'm quite liking Cormac too :) I'm hoping the next book is just as good, if not better :) ( )
  WeeWeegieBookworm | Mar 24, 2018 |
This was a fun read. ( )
  catzkc | Mar 23, 2018 |
Werewolves can save the radio ( )
  narutardd | Jul 5, 2017 |

Carrie Vaughnprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McRee, Giorgettta BellDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Puckey,DonCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, CraigCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The first one's for Mom and Dad. Thanks for all the stamps.
I tossed my backpack in a corner of the studio and highfived Rodney on his way out.
I'd killed him. I'd killed my self-defense instructor. Shit.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446616419, Mass Market Paperback)

Kitty Norville is a midnight-shift DJ for a Denver radio station?and a werewolf in the closet. Her new late-night advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged is a raging success, but it?s Kitty who can use some help. With one sexy werewolf-hunter and a few homicidal undead on her tail, Kitty may have bitten off more than she can chew?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:18 -0400)

When Kitty Norville, a DJ for a Denver radio station and a secret werewolf, accidentally launches a late-night advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged, she becomes the target of a werewolf hunter and several homicidal undead.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,831,889 books! | Top bar: Always visible