Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville…

Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville Series, Book 1) (edition 2005)

by Carrie Vaughn

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville Series, Book 1)
Authors:Carrie Vaughn
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Urban Fantasy, Werewolves, Vampire

Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn

Recently added bychessakat, zuzamiller, juks44, private library, haverksh, TheYodamom, GanneC
    Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Great urban fantasy series, both first person narratives with shapeshifting female protagonists.
    Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (amberwitch)
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (francescadefreitas)
    Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs (amberwitch)
    Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The Kitty series isn't quite as good as Wilks's Lupi series (in my opinion) but if you enjoyed one I think you're likely to enjoy the other. Both are urban fantasies with a werewolf theme. The Lupi series is well written with engaging characters in an interesting urban fantasy world, quite fast paced with some romance too :o). The Kitty series is good fun despite the occasional daft plot premise and unexplainable actions by characters.
    ps Patricia Brigg's Mercy series - starting with Moon Called - outshines both of these, but someone's already recommended that here so I had to make do with second best!
    … (more)
    Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge (shadiphoenix)
    Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: Similar themes of "woman finding her place among peers/friends as she grows into her skills/strengths".

Kitty is a werewolf radio alternative music host on late night public radio show. She stays off the main grid until, she starts letting her otherness drift into her radio show and becomes a public celebrity as a werewolf. Her pack, the local vampires and some religious factions are not pleased about her coming out and opening that whole can of worms. She as a submissive wolf must learn to deal with people trying to kill her, the cops trying to use her, her pack power struggles and try to help solve some recent murders. Life is never easy.
I really enjoyed this romp through Kitties world. She grows and finds herself solving her own problems through trial and error. The pack dynamics where realistic, as was her character. A good solid urban fantasy. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I forgot how much I love this book! I’m rereading the Kitty Norville series as part of One Book Two’s current read-along, and it’s been fun to meet Kitty, Cormac, Ben, Rick, and TJ all over again.

I think my favorite scenes in this book are between Kitty and Cormac. I love the end of the assassination scene where Cormac finally looks around the doorway at Kitty and says, “That you, Norville?” I can just picture big, bad Cormac, loaded with weapons, seeing this tiny blonde girl hunched in the corner with headphones on. You wonder if he could have killed her, looking like that, even if he wanted to.

I also love the scene where Kitty’s call-in listeners are asking Kitty whether she’s dating Cormac. First, she can hardly believe her listeners would think it’s okay to date someone who tried to kill her, then Cormac calls in and tells her to change the subject right now! He’s obviously amused and playing with her, which just gives Kitty’s listeners more fuel for their imagination.

Those are the light-hearted moments in the book. The rest is pretty intense, from the twisted, dependent psychology of the wolf pack to the fear that drives Kitty from her hometown. It’s less disconcerting this time around, though, since I know how much better Kitty’s life becomes over the course of the next thirteen books.

This is one of my favorite books in one of my favorite series. It gets a shiny fat five from me.

Purchased. Review courtesy of onebooktwo.com | one book, two reviews. ( )
  InvestedIvana | Jan 18, 2016 |
I'd give it 4.5 stars if I could. :) ( )
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
So I really have liked most of the things I've read by Carrie Vaughn so I decided that this needed to be given a shot since I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Kitty is definitely interesting and this seems to be about personal growth so I'll probably keep going with the series. Loved Cormac, he's kind of awesome. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Carrie Vaughnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McRee, Giorgettta BellDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, CraigCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The first one's for Mom and Dad. Thanks for all the stamps.
I tossed my backpack in a corner of the studio and highfived Rodney on his way out.
I'd killed him. I'd killed my self-defense instructor. Shit.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446616419, Mass Market Paperback)

Kitty Norville is a midnight-shift DJ for a Denver radio station?and a werewolf in the closet. Her new late-night advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged is a raging success, but it?s Kitty who can use some help. With one sexy werewolf-hunter and a few homicidal undead on her tail, Kitty may have bitten off more than she can chew?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:18 -0400)

When Kitty Norville, a DJ for a Denver radio station and a secret werewolf, accidentally launches a late-night advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged, she becomes the target of a werewolf hunter and several homicidal undead.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,016,335 books! | Top bar: Always visible