The Complete I Ching: The Definitive…

The Complete I Ching: The Definitive Translation by the Taoist Master…

by Alfred Huang

By far the most helpful book I've used in understanding the how of throwing the bones and interpreting the hexagrams. Highly recommended. ( )
  ethayer | Jul 15, 2012 |
The MAIN tome of my collection. I always make sure this edition is somewhere handy whether that be on my desk or on a nearby shelf. Fantastic with wonderful commentary on the ancient symbols attached to each gua. I cannot recommend this edition enough! ( )
  Coyoteguy | Oct 2, 2007 |
If you like the Wilhelm/Baynes translation, you will love this one. Master Huang clears up a lot. ( )
  zappad0g | Oct 27, 2006 |
If some years were added to my life, I would dedicate fifty years to study of the Book of I, and then I might come to be without great fault. - Confucius, at age seventy
The I Ching is a book that deals with symbols.
There are many different translations of the I Ching, most of which are radically different from one another. Avoid combining them into one work unless you are certain they are substantially the same.

The highly regarded translation that honors the authentic Chinese spirit of the Book of Changes

• Places new emphasis on the intricate web of interrelations among the names and sequence of the sixty-four hexagrams

• Includes historical information on the events out of which the I Ching was born

• Introduces several new methods of divination

For more than 3,000 years the I Ching has been the most important book of divination in the world. Revered by billions of Chinese as the Classic of Classics and consulted as a source of ancient wisdom, it has been embraced by the West in the last 50 years but has always been translated by Westerners who brought their own cultural biases to the work, distorting or misunderstanding its true meaning.

In The Complete I Ching Master Alfred Huang has restored the true essence of the I Ching by emphasizing the unity of Heaven and humanity and the Tao of Change, and, even more important, by including translations of the Ten Wings, the commentaries by Confucius, that are essential to the I Ching’s insights. Previous English translations have either given these commentaries a minor place in the book or have left them out altogether. But the Chinese say that the I Ching needs the Ten Wings to fly. Restored to their central place in the book by Master Huang, the I Ching at last flies in English.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:14 -0400)

Translation of the original ideographs of the I Ching into English.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible