Batman: Arkham Asylum - A Serious House on…

Batman: Arkham Asylum - A Serious House on Serious Earth, 15th Anniversary… (edition 2005)

by Grant Morrison, Dave McKean (Illustrator)

Member:brianjungwi
Title:Batman: Arkham Asylum - A Serious House on Serious Earth, 15th Anniversary Edition
Authors:Grant Morrison
Other authors:Dave McKean (Illustrator)
Info:DC Comics (2005), Edition: Anniversary edition, Paperback, 216 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, graphic novel, batman

Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison (Writer)

Recently added byRjhmzn, jondruff, PrateekJha, joesalzer, private library, BaddiBoy, RVRCAdmin

Great art, but the writing is weak, there is virtually no plot. I don't get what the hype is all about. ( )
  Stmurdock | Jul 17, 2016 |
A very scary version of Joker in this graphic novel! ( )
  Traciinaz | Mar 17, 2016 |
Really liked the story and the artwork. The downside was that because of the artwork and stylized font used, it was hard for me to read what the Joker was saying. ( )
  nike13 | Mar 10, 2016 |
All the way through this it reminded me of a mix of early Clive Barker and a top notch 2000AD story - then I get to the notes written by Grant Morrison to discover that the project came about as a result of in depth conversations between him and Jim Clements, who worked on both Hellraiser and 2000AD, amongst others. It all made sense at that point.

This is an amazing book, artwork and story are fabulous. The only thing that slightly irked me was the lettering for The Joker - I could hardly read it at times. But the rest was so good that five stars remains the score. ( )
  MartynChuzz | Feb 22, 2016 |
The best in Batman series. A inside look of the dark side of this troubled man. Grant Morrison is a genius, one of the best screen players of our time. The art gives the final touch to the story. ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |

Morrison, GrantWriterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McKean, DaveIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Berger, KarenEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Saladino, GasparLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Lewis Carroll
'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'
From the journals of Amadeus Arkham: In the years following my father's death, I think it's true to say that the house became my whole world.
I see now the virtue in madness, for this country knows no laws nor any boundary
I pity the poor shades confined to the Euclidean prison that is sanity
All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me
Whole
And complete
And free at last.

Led by the Joker, the inmates have taken over Arkham Asylum, Gotham's mental illness detention center, and are holding the staff hostage. Their demands are many, but one stands out: they want Batman ... in there ... with them. Batman takes their challenge to save the hostages, but risks losing his own sanity in the process. Includes the annoted script for the comic and original page layouts.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,185,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible