Eyeshield 21, Volume 26 by Riichiro Inagaki

Genre: Sports Manga
Pages: 200
Format: Digital Scan

Synopsis:

The game between the Devil Bats and the White Knights continues. Each team feeds off the other and individual players keep increasing the tempo of the game as a whole. This volume is mainly about the battles between Shin & Sena and Monta & Sakuraba.

The Kantou League President shows up to watch the game and it's Monta's old baseball Idol, which of course whips him into a frenzy.

The volume ends at the 3minute mark with the Devil Bats at 29 and the White Knights at 34.

My Thoughts:

In the previous volume, Perfect Players, Shin crushed everyone and anything in his way. This time, both Sena and Monta return the favor and simply go around, over and past anything the White Knights throw up as defensive measures.

The Shonen Influence is very visible, with each possession practically being a martial arts fight in spirit. Murata, the artist, does a fantastic job of showing the fighting spirit on the players faces and in their stances and actions. He made me feel like I was actually witnessing a battle between 2 armies. It was fantastic!

Even while this game is being written across multiple volumes, it hasn't felt dragged out. That was my biggest concern going into this game, that things would be boringly stretched out and I'd lose interest. That has not happened, not even close. I cannot wait to see how this concludes because it feels like it is going to be epic!

On a side note, I believe I have found a good way to manage my manga reading without burning out. I've simply added an empty “Manga” collection on my kindle. Every time it goes down the list and reaches the 6th position [I have 25 collections], I simply read another volume on my tablet and move the Manga Collection up to the 1st position. Rinse and repeat. It keeps my manga reading synchonized with my other readings, allows some time between volumes and prevents me from feeling pressured that I have to read a volume on a certain date. For whatever reason, I don't feel the pressure if it's just part of the collection list. Part of that is that my reading of it isn't tied down to a date or day, but simply to when I get to it. Isn't it odd how the mind works? But I'm glad I've found a solution, because I LIKE reading manga and that last burn out kind of scared me. I've got too much manga still to read to burn out, you know? *grin*

★★★★ ½ ( )
  BookstoogeLT | May 28, 2017 |

The Devil Bats battle the White Knights down to the three-minute mark in the second half of the Kanto Tournament game, with Sena struggling to control his arch rival Shin, and Monta hoping a desperate move will give his team the edge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,738,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible