Eyeshield 21, Volume 27 by Riichiro Inagaki

Genre: Sports Manga
Pages: 200
Format: Digital Scan

Synopsis:

The conclusion to the game between the Devil Bats and the White Knights. With under 2 minutes left, the Devil Bats score a touchdown and take the lead. It would appear to be all over but the White Knights won't go down without a fight. Making an incredible comeback, Shin manages to make a touchdown with only 1 second left on the clock.

Now, the Devil Bats must catch the kick-off, run the ball down the field, avoid the whole White Knight's team and score a touch down. Can Sena overcome total exhaustion, the spectre of defeat and Shin to make the Devil Bats dream of the Christmas Bowl come true?

If you think I'm going to tell you, screw you!

My Thoughts:

Just kidding!

Of course the Devil Bats win. There wouldn't be much point to a 37 volume manga series that ends at Vol. 27 now would there?

But my goodness, even while I “knew” that the Devil Bats had to win, I wasn't sure it was going to happen right up until the last page. Now that is how you do “tension”. I would also say that this was the ultimate, so far, in showing heart and guts. If the series HAD ended here, I would be more than satisfied with the time I spent reading this.

Now that I have given a volume 5 Stars, I'm probably going to be extra tough on the next couple, so expect more “nit picky” complaints. A concern I do have is how they're going to top this. I sure hope the momentum of the series stays strong.

★★★★★ ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Jun 7, 2017 |
Wow, that really was a powerful volume. Poor Takami. DX ( )
  KillerCorp | Jul 27, 2015 |

Riichiro Inagakiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Inagaki, Riichiromain authorall editionsconfirmed

With a mere two and a half minutes on the clock, the Deimon Devil Bats desperately try to erase the Ojo White Knights' five-point lead. The ball is in Deimon's hands, but everyone is past the threshold of exhaustion...and they're still 40 yards away from the goal line. Sena's banking on some of his slickest moves to help him outmaneuver Ojo's ace Shin and carry his team to victory...but Shin has never backed down to another competitor before, and doesn't plan on starting anytime soon.--Amazon.com… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,460,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible