Fame and Obscurity by Gay Talese

Fame and Obscurity

by Gay Talese

Textos que imprimem um retrato agudo do universo urbano de Nova York. Nas reportagens reunidas nesta antologia, o consagrado repórter americano ajudou a criar o 'novo jornalismo'. Publicado no Brasil em 1973 com o título de 'Aos olhos da multidão', o livro se tornou referência entre jornalistas e escritores.
  melissa.gamador | Sep 11, 2014 |
This is a wonderful collection of essays from the late 50's-early 60's. The first essay in the book (Frank Sinatra has a cold) is probably the most famous, but the pieces on the building of the Verazzano-Narrows Bridge are really fine and not to be missed. My favorite is the essay about George Plimpton and the Paris Review--it just sparkles. ( )
  Bjace | Nov 23, 2011 |
When I was in high school, I fell in love with this man. I thoroughly enjoy his journalistic work.
  superlibrarian | Jan 2, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 034546723X, Paperback)

"Fascinating . . . Poignant." The Wall Street Journal

In this extraordinary work of insight and interviews, bestselling author Gay Talese shares with us the lives of those we don't know and those we might wish we did: Frank Sinatra, Joe DiMaggio, Manhattan mobsters, Bowery bums, and many others -- fascinating men and women who define our country's spirit and lead us to an understanding of ourselves as a nation.

From the Paperback edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:16 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,728,929 books! | Top bar: Always visible