At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3)…

At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3) (edition 2008)

by Jeaniene Frost

1,256None6,367 (4.18)31
Member:LRitte
Title:At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3)
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:Avon (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****
Tags:Cat, Bones, Night Huntress, Series, Vampire

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

English (59)  Italian (2)  All languages (61)
At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost is the third book in her Night Huntress series. They're still going after evil vampires, so there's still plenty of blood and guts to go around. Actually, things got more intense in this story, I ended up liking it more than the first two.

Cat and Bones continue to heat up the pages expressing their love for each other. The bonds of friendship have been building over the course of the books and are an important part of this book. Cat's mother even seems to mellow a teensy bit. Mencheres, the most powerful vampire in this world, comes to the forefront in this novel. Can such a powerful vampire be destroyed by love?

At Grave's End is full of twists and turns, so make sure to pay attention. You never know what may rise up against you! ( )
  NCRainstorm | Mar 21, 2014 |
I cannot get enough of these books! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
Another amazing adventure in the The Night Huntress series, this third book in the series certainly kept my heart pounding. Bones was as entertaining as ever and I absolutely love how the relationship between him and Cat continues to develop. The wit, humor, and overall personality of these two characters is what keeps me enthralled with the Night Huntress series. I will say that the author managed to scare me half to death in this book (not funny Ms. Jeaniene!) and the plot kept me wanting more. When starting a Jeaniene Frost book, I already know that I'll be up all night with it!
In "At Grave's End" Cat and Bones once again are facing obstacles that could tear them apart, possibly forever. This time in the form of Patra, a centuries old vamp with a vendetta and an army of vampires, ghouls, and humans who think she is a goddess. Patra makes no "bones" about using the foulest, most forbidden magics against Cat, Bones, and their friends either.
Dracula himself cuts an impressive figure, sarcastic, blunt, and arrogant, he seems to goad Bones past all endurance, while Cat seems to have a certain fondness for him. And he was certainly able to be there as a friend when Cat most needed one.
Tate continues to annoy me to no end. I don't feel a bit sorry for him. He isn't even a character I love to hate, I just don't like him. But with all the other amazing characters to love on in this series, I can easily forget about one that irritates me.
Tavia Gilbert once again does an incredible job narrating these books. I know that I would still love the paper version of the books, and have them on my Christmas list because I want them on my bookshelf! Gilbert brings something so extra special to her narration and to the characters that before I "read" the series in book format, I definitely want to finish the entire series as well as the Night Huntress World series in audio. Regardless how I read them though, this is a series that I will hate to see come to an end! ( )
  a.happy.booker | Sep 24, 2013 |
Once again, the pace of the Night Huntress series blows me away. Jeaniene Frost just gets right to the heart of the matter and I love that. Sometimes however, I feel like I missed something because the story can take a pretty big jump. The character development is slow but growing and I'm dying to see where she's taking this. There were huge advances in the story with this book, so something of a roller coaster ride. ( )
  LisaT131 | Sep 21, 2013 |
Reading order for the series and spin-offs:

Halfway to the Grave
One Foot in the Grave
At Grave's End
Destined for an Early Grave
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World)
Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World)
This Side of the Grave
One Grave at a Time
Once Burned (Night Prince)
Twice Tempted (Night Prince) ( )
  KateBond | Sep 20, 2013 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my husband, for accepting without judging, loving without conditions, laughing instead of getting angry, and thinking of others before yourself, I'm the lucky one.
The man smiled and I let my gaze linger over his face.

Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end

It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is in terrible danger when her true identity is revealed to her enemies, while her lover Bones confronts a vengeful woman out to destroy him, as they try to prevent lethal magic from being unleashed.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,471,400 books! | Top bar: Always visible