Member:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

Recently added byprivate library, kelleyand, LenaR0307, JulieCovington, BookHavenAZ, Midge427, Lorinda28

English (72)  Italian (1)  All languages (73)
I'd forgotten how much I love reading about Cat and Bones! So glad I finally picked this back up. It was great, of course! Bones and Cat were funny as always. I got to meet Vlad whom I love! the end of it was a bit sad but just makes me want to read the next one even more. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Wow! Lots happened in this book and since Cat is planning to quit her job it should be interesting to see how they keep her co-workers part of the story and continue the story line. Looking forward to finding out! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
The third installment of the Night Huntress series. This one was action packed, but I thought things got a little muddled in the middle there - like why did we have to talk about Tate getting shipped off to interrogate for Homeland Security if it wasn't actually going to happen? Just as motivation to change over Juan? I was just confused. I also thought it was weird for Cat to talk about quitting her job and then to just leave that completely unmentioned for the remainder of the book. Despite the fact that this is a series, it felt like a loose end. Of course the sex scenes with Bones and Cat are HOT as always. I also LOVED the introduction of the character Vlad Tepesh! Holy hell, he was both hilarious AND badass, what a potent combo. Finding out more about Mencheres was very interesting, and seeing further into the world of the vampires was illuminating, if not slightly disturbing (the feudalism thing with the street kids kind of freaked me out - I mean, is it really a choice for them?) Cat didn't do too many dumb things that I wanted to scream at her for, so bonus there. And the Justina - Rodney hookup? Can I say I just about howled over that one. Wicked.

It ended a little too abruptly for my taste, but overall it was a solid installment of the series. Can't wait for the next one. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
Eh. A bit disappointed. Found myself reading more to finish and be done than because I was enjoying it/wanted to see what happened next. ( )
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
Synopsis: Bones and his grandsire join forces to battle Patra (grandsire's wife). One of the trusted few turns out to be a traitor; Cat's mother becomes more accepting of vampires in general. And Bones has powers that even he doesn't expect.
Review: More brain candy with a decent plot - murder, mayhem, sex with the addition of zombies and wraiths. Can't wait to see what fantasy creatures are coming next. ( )
  DrLed | Oct 23, 2015 |

Frost, Jeanieneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my husband, for accepting without judging, loving without conditions, laughing instead of getting angry, and thinking of others before yourself, I'm the lucky one.
The man smiled and I let my gaze linger over his face.

Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end

It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.
Some things just won’t stay buried… at grave’s end.
It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield’s life. With her undead lover, Bones, at her side, she’s successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat’s worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover’s finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.
As if that wasn’t enough, a woman from Bones’ past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat’s about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she’s learned as a special agent won’t help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is in terrible danger when her true identity is revealed to her enemies, while her lover Bones confronts a vengeful woman out to destroy him, as they try to prevent lethal magic from being unleashed.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,002,507 books! | Top bar: Always visible