Hero by Wrath James White

Hero (2008)

by Wrath James White, J. F. Gonzalez

Hero is brought to you by two modern day horror maestros - Wrath James White and J.F. Gonzalez - both of whom are known to bring edgy and original stories to print. This particular book was originally released as a hard-cover only four years ago and was been long out of print until Deadite Press decided to re-release it in a more affordable and easy to get form.

The book follows an elderly lady called Adelle, a former civil rights activist, who has a stroke and needs the constant care at home of a nurse. The lady put in change of Adelle's care is Natsinet, a young lady who doesn't see a lady needing help but the cause of her own childhood problems and goes on to torture Adelle.

The book is very well written and the authors have done a good job at making an evil and realistic female villain which moves the story along at a good pace. The story as a whole also does a good job at making you root for Adelle, you feel sorry for her when she's being tortured and want Natsinet to be found out.

If you pick up this book you won't want to put it down - brilliant. ( )
  Azeryk | Apr 6, 2012 |
This is one of those books that is going to haunt me for a very long time. Occasionally, I come across a book like that, one that is so chilling and real that it won't leave me. I have to keep going over it in my mind, knowing that it could really happen, that the hate and ugliness portrayed can be seen mirrored in the society we live in. White and Gonzalez have written a book that shows us true horror. ( )
  lesleydawn | Aug 7, 2008 |

Wrath James Whiteprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gonzalez, J. F.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Clark, Alan M.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The nurse stood above the young boy watching his heart beat and his lungs expand and contract through a large surgical incision that went from his upper chest to his abdomen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,574,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible