The Reach of Children by Tim Lebbon

The Reach of Children

by Tim Lebbon

1021,299,385 (4.5)None

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

4 heart-wrenching stars.

10-year old Daniel is forced to deal with the death of his mother, as well as his father's inability to deal with it. This is probably the best I've read from Tim Lebbon, and is nothing like he's ever written before.

ssimon2000 | May 7, 2018 |
Review copy

This brilliantly written novella was originally published as a signed, limited edition, hardcover in 2008. The publisher subsequently went out of business and it is now available from Venture Press for the Kindle. Yay!

I love it when great works that would cost a small fortune on the secondary market find a new home where everyone can enjoy them.

The story begins with the death of Daniel's mother. "Dan, I'm sorry son, but she's gone." "Mummy?" Daniel said. And he turned to his father, and they hugged each other as the world grew cruel around them.

There is an element of horror to the story, but mostly The Reach of Children is about grief and the ways both Daniel and his father deal with their loss.

The reveal for the reason behind the title is touching and struck a cord with me. You'll know it when you read it.

This a a story I highly recommend.

Published by Venture Press, The Reach of Children is now available for the Kindle. If you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited you may read it at no additional charge and if you're an Amazon Prime member you can read The Reach of Children for FREE through the Kindle Owners Lending Library.

From the author's bio - Tim Lebbon is a New York Times-bestselling writer from South Wales. He’s had over thirty novels published to date, as well as hundreds of novellas and short stories. He has won four British Fantasy Awards (including one for this very novella), a Bram Stoker Award, and a Scribe Award, and has been a finalist for World Fantasy, International Horror Guild and Shirley Jackson Awards. ( )
  FrankErrington | Aug 28, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,445,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible