Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine

Lord of Misrule

by Rachel Caine

Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine (Pedrolina)
    Pedrolina: The next book in the series.

These books just keep getting more intense! Imagine a world where vampires rule the town you live in...then imagine another group of vampires wants to take over. What do you do? Do you join the fight or stay out of it and hope they kill each other off? Such an interesting spin to take these characters through. We get to see what choices our four friends make as well as some of the others we've come to know in Morganville. The book ends on a cliffhanger again, so be sure to have the next book ready...I know I can't wait to get started!

I think these books are great for young adult and adult readers of the paranormal genre, especially those who love to read vampire stories. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn’t the only threat. Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn 19t the only threat. Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
The 5th book in the Morganville Vampires series. Ok, I didn't like the way the 4th book ended and I liked this one even less. The story is fine, but why oh why are some YA series becoming like episodes of TV instead of whole-book storylines?!?! I get that in series books there is always some continuation; but now were going onto the third book of one storyline. It's just annoying. Particularly when the first three books were self-contained storylines with most of a beginning and end. If you haven't noticed, I'm just SO not a fan of cliffhangers. I'm wondering if I'm just going to have to stop reading these until the whole series is done, because I so hate leaving a storyline open in the middle. I'm sure this is more of a publisher decision than the author's, but why can't we just have one omnibus book of this storyline? I would pay hardback price if I just didn't have to read this like a periodical.

So, beyond that annoying aspect, this book was good - I guess. It's really just the middle of a storyline, so...I just didn't see any characters change or grow; really not much has changed since the last book. Most of the changes happen during the last 5 pages, and are not good developments. I liked the introduction of Hannah's character but then it feels like she just disappears from the face of the earth mid-book.

Annoyed. That's how I feel. If I didn't like the series overall so much and the characters, I might have given this 2 stars. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
This book is the big fight in town. Cliff hanger ending. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
To Ter Matthies, Anna korra'ti, and Shaz Flynn--courageous fighters, each one.

And to Pat Flynn, who never stopped.
It was all going wrong, and Morganville - parts of it, anyway - was burning.

In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat.

"In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans have coexisted in (relatively) bloodless harmony...until the arrival of Bishop, a master vampire who threatens to put the evil back in evil undead and smash the fragile peace. But Bishop isn't the only threat.... Violent black clouds promise a storm of devastating proportions. As student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against the elements--both natural and unnatural--the unexpected happens: Morganville's vampires begin to vanish one by one. Discovering why leads Claire to one last choice: Swear allegiance to Bishop...or die."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,057,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible