Biscuit (Harcourt) (1997)

by Alyssa Satin Capucilli

Other authors: Pat Schories (Illustrator)

Series: Biscuit (My First), I Can Read (My First)

A little yellow dog wants ever one more thing before he'll go to sleep.

Fiction-

Biscuit and his owner go to the big city. They are going to visit their friend jack. They saw a lot of tall building, and many people. Biscuit wanted to meet everyone until he almost got ran over. There was so much to see in the big city. He got a snack and found Jack.

This is a very easy read. I think students who are just learning to read would really enjoy this book. Who doesn't love a cute short book about a dog.

I think
  KelcieBailey | Nov 14, 2020 |
It's time for Biscuit to go to bed, but Biscuit isn't ready for bed. Instead of going to bed, Biscuit finds ways to stay up and avoid going to bed alone.

I chose to read this book because it was one of the first books that I read as a child. As a child, I would read this book just about every day because I loved the cute dog in the book. I think kindergarteners or 1st graders would definitely love this book as much as I did when I was a child. This is definitely a book for beginner readers. ( )
  m.curtis | Apr 22, 2020 |
1. Summary - This book is about a dog named Biscuit and how owner, a little girl, is trying to put him to bed but much like a little kid, first he needs a hug and kiss, then a snack and drink and then he needs one more kiss and hug. Finally the owner decides to go to bed where Biscuit curls up next to her bed and sleeps peacefully.

2. Personal Reaction - I thought this book was cute and age appropriate for a beginning reader and that a child could relate to it. I would have this book in my classroom library.

3. Extension Ideas -
1. I could use this book in my classroom for call backs, to see if the children can remember the order of events
2. I could use this book in my classroom as supplemental work once we learned a word to familiarize the words with the students
3. I could use this book in my classroom to point out illustrations to the students and get their feed back on what they think will happen based on the picture.
  mw193322 | Oct 31, 2017 |
loved this book when I was little ( )
  Hanner35 | Sep 3, 2017 |
Simple book, great for student's confidence ( )
  zcurlach | Dec 10, 2016 |

Alyssa Satin Capucilliprimary authorall editionscalculated
Schories, PatIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Biscuit (My First)
I Can Read (My First)

A little yellow dog wants ever one more thing before he'll go to sleep.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,642,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible