Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block

Weetzie Bat (1989)

by Francesca Lia Block

Series: Weetzie Bat (1)

The only good thing about this book is that it's short. Pretty sure I rolled my eyes every other page. ( )
  captainmander | Jul 19, 2018 |
An excellent evocation of adolescence and '80s-era Los Angeles culture. Despite the concision of the prose, the story is surprisingly satisfying and touching. I can imagine it beloved by many a high school reader. ( )
  msmilton | Jul 18, 2018 |
  msmilton | Jul 18, 2018 |
@_@ What did I just read? ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
Didn't care for it. Interesting use of language but didn't engage me so I didn't finish it. Life is too short. Next! ( )
  AliceAnna | Jul 3, 2015 |

Francesca Lia Blockprimary authorall editionscalculated
Diaz, DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my father, Irving Alexander Block
The reason Weetzie Bat hated high school was because no one understood.

Fifteen years ago Francesca Lia Block made a dazzling entrance into the literary scene with what would become one of the most talked-about books of the decade: Weetzie Bat. This poetic roller coaster swoop has a sleek new design to match its new sister and brother books, Goat Girls and Beautiful Boys. Rediscover the magic of Weetzie Bat, Ms. Blocks sophisticated, slinkster-cool love song to L.A.the book that shattered the standard, captivated readers of all generations, and made Francesca Lia Block one of the most heralded authors of the last decade.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:53 -0400)

Follows the wild adventures of Weetzie Bat and her Los Angeles friends, Dirk, Duck, and My-Secret-Agent-Lover-Man.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,294,959 books! | Top bar: Always visible