Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block

Weetzie Bat (1989)

by Francesca Lia Block

Series: Weetzie Bat (1)

@_@ What did I just read? ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
Didn't care for it. Interesting use of language but didn't engage me so I didn't finish it. Life is too short. Next! ( )
  AliceAnna | Jul 3, 2015 |
This book is crazy original. It describes things in extravagant ways and made me smile while I was reading. However, there were some parts that didn't seem well edited. 5Q4P The cover art is okay and I'd recommend this to high school students and adults. I chose to read this book because my English teacher suggested it to me. SopieW
  edspicer | Dec 30, 2014 |
What a pleasure to be introduced to a book I should have first read when it came out! I love YA fiction and how I missed this one I don't know, but this amazing short book that covers, the pain of not fitting in, alternate lifestyles, AIDS, childbirth, love and heartbreak in a such a ( )
  jenn_stringer | Nov 3, 2014 |
VOYA Ratings: 3Q, 3P

Weetzie Bat is a strange and dream-like world where "love is a dangerous angel" and wishes comes true, mostly anyway. Addressing issues of sexuality and coming of age struggles, Block creates a unique and vivid scene that is beautiful and alien, yet very personal. Weetzie and Dirk are two young kids that simply do not fit in with most of the world around them yet them come to forge their own version of a happy existence amid the palm trees and sunshine of California.

At times, this book accurately captures the struggles and scenes for young adults as they make the pilgrimage from adolescence into adulthood while taking occasional forays into a surreal and upside down world. From witch babies, magic curses, and wish granting genies that tell it like it is, this book is a unique creation that is certainly worth the time. ( )
  abrial2433 | Jun 8, 2014 |

Francesca Lia Blockprimary authorall editionscalculated
Diaz, DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my father, Irving Alexander Block
The reason Weetzie Bat hated high school was because no one understood.

Fifteen years ago Francesca Lia Block made a dazzling entrance into the literary scene with what would become one of the most talked-about books of the decade: Weetzie Bat. This poetic roller coaster swoop has a sleek new design to match its new sister and brother books, Goat Girls and Beautiful Boys. Rediscover the magic of Weetzie Bat, Ms. Blocks sophisticated, slinkster-cool love song to L.A.the book that shattered the standard, captivated readers of all generations, and made Francesca Lia Block one of the most heralded authors of the last decade.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:53 -0400)

Follows the wild adventures of Weetzie Bat and her Los Angeles friends, Dirk, Duck, and My-Secret-Agent-Lover-Man.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,155,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible