Sea Magic: Connecting with the Ocean's…

Sea Magic: Connecting with the Ocean's Energy

by Sandra Kynes

Consider me completely blown away by this book. I adore the sea, love to learn about it, find it quite magical and this book was an explosion of all those things. There was so much in this book that made me intruiged and amazing.

There's great quotes I never knew of. A new form of divination I'm definitely looking into trying out.

I was so amazed by the amount of historical (quotes, sea logs, etc) and physical science work done (like the tides and tidal bulges of the moon, how it worked and why), and how every chapter was full of expansive lists of what they were cover (the best being the extensive lists of Sea deities and creatures throughout recorded time).

(I have to tell you the fact this book has twelve pages of bibliography [out classing the index by a good six] at the end, because each of its references is cited, also may have made my heart pitter-patter quickly.) ( )
  wanderlustlover | Jul 24, 2013 |
As a lover of all things water, I enjoyed this book a lot. It gave me quite a few ideas with regard to how to incorporate the waters into my spirituality. Kynes is a wonderful author and has written quite a few very helpful spiritual guides.

I have an unread extra copy I am willing to sell or trade. ( )
  Siusaidh | May 19, 2011 |

Invoke the Power of the Sea and Transform Your Life

Purifying, mesmerizing, and transformative—the sea has long been celebrated for its beauty and mysterious power. By connecting to the ocean's energies, you can deepen your experience of the natural world and enrich your life.

Whether you live near or far from the coast, Sea Magic takes you on a unique voyage of spiritual rejuvenation. Explore various types of shells and sea creatures, both real and mythical. Call upon sea deities and saints to amplify your spiritual practice, and try a wide array of relaxation exercises and meditative techniques:

• Set up a sea-themed altar to empower your intentions
• Center your energy with a cosmic ocean-moon meditation and a conch-hand mudra
• Release emotions with an ancient practice known as ocean breath to attune to the tides
• Use shells for divination and positive visualization
• Select a sea fetch (totem animal) to take you on a shamanic journey

Dive into your inner world of emotions, imagination, and creativity—and let the sea's timeless wisdom guide you on your life path.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:16 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,627,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible