Love Starts with Elle by Rachel Hauck

Love Starts with Elle

by Rachel Hauck

This was SO good. It took me awhile to get through it because I bought it right before school started. Yet once I was really able to get into it I couldn't close it!

I was rooting for Elle and Heath the whole time and almost couldn't take the parts about Jeremiah. None of them! I was so disappointed when it ended but now I can wait to read more Rachel Hauck books!
  karlilov | Jul 6, 2013 |
I do not know if I shall scream or cry or both. Love Starts with Elle is officially one of my favorite books of all time. It is by far my favorite book of contemporary Christian fiction. I enjoyed Sweet Caroline immensely, but it does not fully compare with the power and wonder of Elle. This is a sequel, but does stand alone on a firm foundation of Christ no less. Elle is an artist, well in her heart. She mets Mr. Wonderful, who I did not like from page one, but he's so right. Until he's not, but really who is perfect? Well I did not see how in the world the plot could get her out of one situation or get her into another, but after reading the book in entirety I'm impressed. I cannot believe all that has happened. My goodness, our God is a mighty God. Usually, I really do not like contemporary, because it's so real and harsh and there is just not enough "light". Rachel Hauck gives contemporary a good name. It is real, there is some harshness and full tears. But there is love and light beyond the darkness. The characters are so real, and I want to move to their town and lives near their lives. After Sweet Caroline I just could not see how the story could continue on in Elle's life, but it did and in such a neat way. I had my tears and my giggles. I got angry at people and frustrated when they did not head my suggestions. I cherish their joys and I cannot wait for more works to come from the wonder that I have found in Rachel's words on a page. ( )
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
I thought Sweet Caroline was good...but...Love Starts with Elle was my favorite. This story was so true to life and the feelings of the characters were so real to me. Lots of others have written great reviews
so I will just say it was a GREAT book. I loved the dialog. It kept me turning pages to find out what was going to happen next. It was great to get a peek at Caroline and Mitch and what was happening with them.

I highly recommend this book. It can be read as a stand alone but it rounds it out much better to have read Sweet Caroline. ( )
  love2readnovels | May 6, 2009 |
This is the second in her Lowcountry series set in Beaufort, South Carolina. Elle has finally achieved her dream: running a successful art gallery, living close within the bosom of her family's arms, and best of all: Pastor Jeremiah has just asked her to marry him. But then it all starts to fall apart. Jeremiah takes a position as senior pastor in Dallas requiring them both to move. Elle sells her gallery and rents out her home to hunky widower Heath and his daughter Tracey-Love, then Jeremiah breaks it off. And Elle is left with nothing but the comfort of her family, even her faith is shaken as she wonders why God would give her all of her dreams only to take them away. In desperation, she joins an elderly woman in prayer each morning in the prayer chapel, and suddenly feathers start fluttering around her from no seen source. This book doesn't take the expected road (I especially love the bit with the New York art critic) to get to a happy ending. Julianne, Elle's sister, is also going through some major drama of her own, and as Elle helps Jules, she's forced to face some tough truths herself. ( )
  judyg54 | Oct 18, 2008 |
"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way---things I had no words for." ---Georgia O'Keefe (1887-1986)
For my grandma, Grace Fausnaugh
Beaufort, SC
December 21
From the loft of her Bay Street art gallery, Elle Garvey leaned against the waist-high wall, admiring GG Galley's "Art in Christmas" show.

Elle's living the dream but is it her dream or his? Elle loves life in Beaufort, South Carolina, lazy summer days on the sand bar, coastal bonfires, and dinners with friends sharing a lifetime of memories. And she's found her niche as the owner of a successful art gallery too. Life is good. Then the dynamic pastor of her small town church sweeps her off her feet. She's never known a man like Jeremiah, one who breathes in confidence and exhales all doubt. When he proposes in the setting sunlight, Elle hands him her heart on a silver platter. But Jeremiah's just accepted a large pastorate in a different state. If she's serious about their relationship, Elle will take "the call," too, leaving behind the people and place she loves so dearly. Elle's friendship with her new tenant, widower Heath McCord, and his young daughter make things even more complicated. Is love transferrable across the miles? And can you take it with you when you go?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,110,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible