Three to conquer by Eric Frank Russell

Three to conquer (1955)

by Eric Frank Russell

During my continuing review of classic SF (1950s-60s) I have run the gamut of, "This is why you are forgotten" to "Why did this author not become the next Asimov, Clarke, or Heinlein".

I have discovered a few lost jewels. Leigh Bracket, Chad Oliver, J. T. McIntosh, and Lloyd Biggle are good examples. Now I can add to the list of winners that deserve more reading.

Eric Frank Russell is good. At least his novel "Three to Conquer" is good. It is that pleasant mix of mystery and SF. The characters are regular people, except our lead, and the time period could be anytime in the 21st century. I will be looking for more of his work. ( )
  ikeman100 | Mar 3, 2019 |
Wade Harper, a capable entrepeneur with an unusual talent, discovers a secret invasion of Earth. In his efforts to stop it, he'll be forced to deal with intransigent bureaucracies and reveal far more of his capabilities than he ever wished to. One of the better 'alien invasion' novels. ( )
  BruceCoulson | Feb 4, 2014 |

Eric Frank Russellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chalker, Jack L.Introductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shaw, BarclayCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,634,803 books! | Top bar: Always visible