Pocahontas by Vivien Bernstein

Pocahontas

by Vivien Bernstein

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bycltnae

The book gives more indepth detail into the life of Pocahontas and the life that she made. I really enjoyed all the information that was provided in this book. I did not know that she died in England before she could return home. I also did not know that she had a son that was raised in England with her husbands family. I really enjoyed all of the information in this book about Pocahontas and her family. This book gave a lot more insite to how she lived her life and what had happened to her. I really enjoyed all of the informaiton in htis book because of how much more I was able to learn from it.

Summary: Pocahontas was the youngest of her family. Her father was the chief of his tribe, and did not like the English settlers. Pocahontas risked her life to save John Smith who was one of the men who founded Jamestown. Pocahontas eventually lost touch with John Smith and believed he was dead. One day Pocahontas is tricked and is taken as a hostage until her father gives back the weapons he stole. Pocahontas is treated very well and lives with the people of a near by settlement. She starts wearing English clothing and learns how to speak english very well. While she is there she meets John Rolph and marries him.

Classroom Extensions:
1) I would have my students do a story map to tell me what their favorite parts of the book were.2) I would put my students into groups and have them pick out a scene from the book to act out ( )
  cltnae | Jul 29, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,309,288 books! | Top bar: Always visible