White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison

White Witch, Black Curse

by Kim Harrison

Series: The Hollows (7), Rachel Morgan (7)

Recently added byprivate library, jlweaver, joenba7, GigisIrieReads, thatchris, DRHearne, MynTop, debs913

Lots of deja vu moments in the book where sections are reused again in different parts of the book.

We do find out who killed Kisten and why. Rachel also gets on better footing with Trent and has Pierce to deal with.

Big problem for Rachel's future is her shunning. Should be fun to see how that it handled!

Looking forward to her book signing 03/03/09! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Let me just start out by saying: if you haven't read ALL THREE of the short stories that Kim Harrison has published in various anthologies, then don't bother reading this book until you do so. I haven't read them yet, and I was so confused. And maybe I'm not even missing that much, but it's that feeling of "Huh? Should I know more about this?" that irritated me throughout the whole dang thing.

I'm not generally a fan of anthologies, because I don't like paying $8 for one 30 page story that I care about. Apparently this book is the author's pop quiz to reward her *true* fans.

Other than that, it's a good story - I think. I really was lost through most of it, and I don't know if I should blame that on the writing itself or the fact that I haven't read the short stories. So there you go. You've been warned. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
Kim Harrison has surprised me again ! Her plots are always changing with the charaters, growing with them. It is easy to get lost in this book. Many new twists, with fantastic new stories...ghost/love, Banchee ? Ivy is becoming what she wants to be. Jenks is strugling with life.All is in all his glory, doing his best to survive, in the abuse of others. Kisten, we finally find out what happened. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I like this series a lot., however, this particular book took me forever to read. It just didn't have the same zing for me as her others in this series. ( )
  kmmsb459 | Jan 24, 2016 |
Great series! Rachel is snarky and a kick a$$ chick! Jinx is hysterical and Ivy is a real bada$$! I may be crushing on Al, I know he is a demon but he is just so funny!

Terrific concept and truly entertaining tale! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |

Kim Harrisonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the guy who finishes my sentences and gets my jokes. Even the lame ones.
The bloody handprint was gone, wiped from Kisten's window but not from my memory, and it ticked me off that someone had cleaned it, as if they were trying to steal what little recollection I retained about the night he'd died.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES:

This book is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents, and dialogue are drawn from the author's imagination and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data has been applied for.

From Booklist
Hell hath no fury like witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan when it comes to avenging her lover’s murder. Her quest for justice holds some significant realizations for her, too, such as the strength in her bond with vamp partner Ivy, who helps her withstand the waves of power coursing through her body in one of the book’s most emotionally gripping scenes. Through a welter of vampires, demons, pixies, and witches, Harrison conducts readers on a suspenseful, satisfying journey of payback, personal growth, and empowerment while setting the scene for Rachel’s new romance, which will probably commence in the next of this spellbinding series. --Whitney Scott
-------------------------------------

From the back:
Kick-ass bounty hunter and withc Rachel Morgan has crossed forbidden lines, taken demonic hits, and still stands. But the death of her lover struck her harder than she ever thought possible. She won't rest until his murder is solved...and avenged.

But a new predator is moving to the apex of the Inderlander food chain - and now Rachel's past is coming back to haunt her.

Literally.

Witch detective Rachel Morgan attempts to solve the mysterious death of her boyfriend by an emotion-sucking banshee. To exact her revenge on the killer, she brings in her PI partners--Ivy, a bisexual vampire, and Jenks, a pixie in existential crisis--along with empathic psychiatrist Ford and the banshee victim's father, Federal Inderland Bureau captain Edden.… (more)

Eos

2 editions of this book were published by Eos.

Editions: 0061138010, 0061138029

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,193 books! | Top bar: Always visible