Show No Fear: A Nina Reilly Novel by Perri…

Show No Fear: A Nina Reilly Novel

by Perri O'Shaughnessy

Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
I agree for the most part with the previous reviewer that this was not as good as the other Nina Reilly series books. What I found most annoying is that it didn't tie up the strings at the end on the paternity issue and now I have to go back to the other books to remind myself about that.

I read this on the Kindle, so didn't feel too bad about the investment and it was a quick, interesting read although I figured out the twist before it was laid out in print. ( )
  mtkingsley | Apr 13, 2010 |
Show No Fear : A Nina Reilly Novel - by Perri O’Shaughnessy

This is a prequel novel that gives us a tremendous amount of back story for the 13 books in the Nina Reilly Series. We learn about Nina, her brother Matt, her son Bob and PI Paul van Wagoner and how they became what they are today. We find out why Nina becomes such a driven attorney, how her relationship with Paul started and so many other details. This book cleverly opens with a prologue and the death of a woman on Nov 26, then starts it’s first chapter with a jump back in time to mid September and the events leading up to that death.

For people who have read the entire series and want this book because you think it will fill in gaps - wait - just save some money and wait for it to come out in paperback. It’s not a horrible book, it’s just not up to the usual standards of the O’Shaugnessy sisters normal writing, nor is it their normal style. The plot is thin, the characters, even the ones we know and love are, for the most part unlikable and whiney during this time period. I have to wonder why there was such a hiatus between Nina Reilly novels.

For anyone thinking to try this series by buying this book first - my advice is don’t! If you want superb suspense and a good legal thriller with a butt-kicking female legal eagle then I suggest you dive right in with the first book in the series “Motion To Suppress” I don’t think you’ll be sorry. ( )
  Cats57 | Dec 7, 2008 |
Dedicated to Nancy Yost and Maggie Crawford, with our deep appreciation
Monday, November 26, 1990, 3:45 p.m.

I needed to take control of a dangerous, tumbling situation.

Future intrepid lawyer Nina Reilly makes her way through law school by working as a paralegal, an endeavor that is challenged by an ex-boyfriend's custody battle, her mother's failing health, and a suspicious suicide.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,610,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible