dismiss

Danny the Champion of the World (1975)

by Roald Dahl

A young English boy describes his relationship with his father and the special adventure they share together.

English (69)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (71)
I don't remember a lot about this one, beyond the fact that I definitely read it as a kid.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
I'm disappointed. I've been reading all of Roald Dahl's books that I didn't get to read as a child and until now, I hadn't met one I didn't like. I just found this one to be dry and boring in comparison to Dahl's other works. ( )
  book_lady15 | Apr 3, 2020 |
William and I read the book together and we both gave it five stars. William said, "I liked it because the Dad raised his son with so much care and adventure. I loved when they went poaching, Danny was so creative." And I loved that they didn't have much but they made the most of everything and were so happy together. An inspiring book for parents to connect with their kids by keeping it simple and just be with their kids. ( )
  LL-B | Mar 8, 2020 |
  LL-B | Mar 8, 2020 |
An amazing book for young adults about a father son relationship in the English country side. The beautiful images of nature and the ongoing family battle results in a well built, solid novel that transformed many childhoods. ( )
  willspehr | Nov 8, 2019 |

Roald Dahlprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blake, QuentinIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Freezer, HarriëtTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for the whole family

Pat

Tessa

Theo

Ophelia

Lucy
When I was four months old, my mother died suddenly and my father was left to look after me all by himself.

Life couldn't be better for Danny - a gypsy caravan for a home, a garage where he could work on cars all day, and a best friend who never ran out of surprises and inventions: his father. But Dad has one surprise that catches Danny completely off-guard, a secret passion that he's hidden for years. Now the secret's out and Danny's off on an adventure that will make him a legend in his own time.
Not a fantasy,

but this is still one of Dahl's

most fantastic works.

(CathWhitney)

4 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141805943, 0141322675, 0141807857, 0141346434

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,014,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible