Homecoming by Jill Marie Landis

Homecoming

by Jill Marie Landis

For the first time, Eyes-of-the-Sky prayed to the white man's God. One look in the mirror told her she was not a Comanche.yet she remembered no other life. She watched the whites who had taken her in after her "rescue," the mother, Hattie, and her handsome son, Joe, and wondered what her life had been like before her childhood abduction. She looked at Joe, who had suffered much and forgave little, and knew longing in her heart. But questions remained: What am I? Who am I?

Innuendo: A few kisses. This is a book about a cattle rancher and a Native American. The man is "scandalized" to see her bare feet and ankles so it's a very clean book. One of the workers makes some comments about her and tries to kiss her but nothing happens.

Violence: Some punches and wrestling. Also mentions Indian raids and scalping.

Swearing: Don't remember it being a problem.

Drinking, Drugs, or Smoking: None

Age Appropriate: 15 and up. This is a good, clean romance novel. ( )
  I_recommend | Oct 20, 2009 |
I have been a stranger in a strange land. -Exodus 2:22
For my grandmothers, Maria and Ruby.
For Margaret, my mother.

And for Joan and Melissa.
Thank you for helping me find the joy in writing again.
Gunshots echoed in the distance.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373786247, Mass Market Paperback)

For the first time, Eyes-of-the-Sky prayed to the white man's God. One look in the mirror told her she was not a Comanche…yet she remembered no other life. She watched the whites who had taken her in after her "rescue," the mother, Hattie, and her handsome son, Joe, and wondered what her life had been like before her childhood abduction. She looked at Joe, who had suffered much and forgave little, and knew longing in her heart. But questions remained: What am I? Who am I?

Jill Marie Landis weaves an unforgettable story about a young woman adrift in two worlds, and her courageous journey to discovery, belonging and love.…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:05 -0400)

After being freed from the Comanche, Eyes-of-the-Sky watches the white family who had taken her in after her rescue--Hattie, the mother, and her son, Joe--and begins to wonder what life had been like before her abduction, as she feels longing in her heart when she looks at Joe.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible