Dating Big Bird by Laura Zigman

Dating Big Bird

by Laura Zigman

231None50,237 (3.06)2

Ok, I admit it. The title of the book kept me from picking it up for months. And the opening line "It's not that I found Big Bird particularly attractive, it's just that I thought he would make a good parent." struck me as weird indeed. But once I pushed on, it was a pretty good book. Ellen and Amy are going to fight to the last viable egg to have a child, and how they move towards their deadline makes pretty good reading. ( )
  wareagle78 | Feb 17, 2014 |
30-something with ticking biological clock

6.00
  aletheia21 | Mar 17, 2012 |
I don't even remember this book. ( )
  SlayBelle | Sep 3, 2010 |
It was my first Zigman. I picked it up because of the cover and after reading the first sentence, I was hooked. ( )
  THEsisterjanet | May 30, 2009 |
Light, fast, fun read with no major trauma. A nice respite from heavier-duty reading. Decent writing and an amusing story, albeit with a predictable ending. ( )
  jhedlund | May 11, 2008 |

Ellen Franck isn't in love with Big Bird. After all, he's a big yellow Sesame Street character -- and she's an intelligent single woman with a fabulous job. On the other hand, Big Bird is looking like a better candidate for fatherhood every day: he's tall, affectionate, and steadily employed. And right now, for Ellen, thirty-five years old and dying to have a baby, almost any father will do.

In her hilarious and heartbreaking new novel, Laura Zigman, bestselling author of Animal Husbandry, explores what happens when the life we've chosen isn't that life we expected it to be. And at this point Ellen Franck is rethinking all her choices.

Mired in a relationship with a man who is better at brooding than breeding, sister to a woman who can't seem to stop having babies, and working under a boss who is about to have the baby shower of the decade, Ellen knows the path to motherhood is clear. All she has to do is leave her relationship, horrify her family, find an anonymous father, and become independently wealthy.

Piece of cake.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:16 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,782 books! | Top bar: Always visible