Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John…

Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances

by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle

1,206586,637 (3.97)36
    Monsoon Summer by Mitali Perkins (missmaddie)
    missmaddie: Sweet, lighthearted, intelligent romance stories in intriguing settings. Fun reading for your free time in summer or winter.

Two whole stars off for the inclusion of the hot mess that was Lauren Myracle's story and her assassination of the lovely characters introduced earlier in the volume. Yeesh. On the other hand, reading this has introduced me to Maureen Johnson, whose writing is lovely and funny and just my cup of tea in the sense-of-humour stakes. ( )
  humblewomble | Oct 19, 2014 |
The first story (Maureen Johnson) was fine. The second story (John Green) was great, and he was the reason I go the book anyway. I couldn't get through the third story (Lauren Myracle), but I rather expected that because I already knew I didn't like her writing.
  GrytaJME | May 27, 2014 |
  GrytaJME | May 27, 2014 |
Let It Snow is a fantastically fluffy Christmas read, of three intertwining stories by three different popular YA authors. It is funny, sweet and surprisingly well executed, and of course, full of holiday spirit. The different authors provide the different voices required by each protagonist in the three stories and all give a different perspective of Christmas in Gracetown.

The stories are a little farfetched but their links are too adorable to not be enjoyed. First in The Jubilee Express you have Jubilee, or Julie as she likes to be called, whose parents wind up in jail on Christmas Eve (I was not expecting that!) and she's shipped off on a train to Florida to be with her grandparents. However, due to an enormous snowstorm the train stops en route and winds up outside Gracetown. Jubilee doesn't realise, as she sets off from the train in pursuit of the Waffle House in the near distance, that a chain of events has been set off, involving quite a few different teenage residents of Gracetown. When we leave off from The Jubilee Express, we meet Tobin and friends in A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle who have received a phone call from their friend, assistant manager at the same Waffle House as before mentioned, to get their asses down to the Waffle House in a race against two other groups of guys. Oh, and they better bring Twister. And then we meet the character I found most hardest to sympathise with - Addie, in The Patron Saint of Pigs. She annoyed me the most, but I reminded myself to be calm and to see it through. It was worth it just to see how the stories all met up in the end, but I feel like she got an ending she didn't quite deserve. Maybe I'm being a little harsh, even though she was more than a little selfish. But with the spirit of the holidays, and forgiveness, and everything, she got a Christmas miracle - and one she shouldn't forget.

Other than my issues with Addie, my only other problem was I felt like I didn't have enough time with these characters!

Let It Snow is the kind of light, fluffy read that will make you want to drink hot chocolate and watch the snow fall and maybe go out and have a crazy adventure yourself. ( )
  crashmyparty | May 14, 2014 |
****4.5***** ( )
  AmandaEmma | Mar 26, 2014 |

Green, Johnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnson, Maureenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Myracle, Laurenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lauren Myracle- For Dad, Sarah Lee, and the lovely mountain town of Brevard, NC... all chock-full of grace.
John Green - To Ilene Cooper, who has guided me through so many blizzards
Maureen Johnson - For Hamish, who embodied the "go down the hill really fast and if something gets in your way, turn" school of teaching me how to deal with a snowy slope. And for all who toil behind the facade of a corporate monolith, fo revery person who has to say grande latte three thousand times a day, for every soul who's ever had to deal with a broken credit card reader in the holiday rush... this one is for you.
It was the night before Christmas.(the Jubilee Express)
JP and the Duke and I were four movies in to our James Bond marathon when my mother called home for the sixth time in five hours. (A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle)
Being me sucked. (The Patron Saint of Pigs)
Please do not combine individual stories with the complete anthology. This is important because many of the stories are available in multiple anthologies, and also as single titles.

contains:
The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson;
A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green;
The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle

The New York Times bestseller!

Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today’s bestselling teen authors—John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle—the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:47 -0400)

In three intertwining short stories, several high school couples experience the trials and tribulations along with the joys of romance during a Christmas Eve snowstorm in a small town.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible