Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John…

Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances (2008)

by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle

2008 (10) 2009 (7) anthology (25) blizzard (6) Christmas (94) contemporary (9) fiction (70) friendship (10) holidays (42) humor (12) John Green (11) love (11) maureen johnson (6) novellas (7) own (9) read (19) read in 2009 (6) read in 2011 (6) realistic fiction (10) romance (92) short stories (74) signed (7) snow (14) Starbucks (6) teen (17) to-read (41) winter (14) YA (71) young adult (86) young adult fiction (11)
    Monsoon Summer by Mitali Perkins (missmaddie)
    missmaddie: Sweet, lighthearted, intelligent romance stories in intriguing settings. Fun reading for your free time in summer or winter.

****4.5***** ( )
  AmandaEmma | Mar 26, 2014 |
A holiday novel split up into three different stories that come together in the end. Even though it´s march, I smell cinnamon candles and very tasty food. If I were to have a night in, watching chick flicks and eating crap, I´d rather read this book a thousand times. All of these best-selling authors have given us the new “Love Actually” (the writing being quite similar to the movie). It is a great book for teens and tweens. Maureen Johnson’s story was my favorite followed by John´s and Lauren’s being last because I found the main character very irritating. “The Jubilee express” is about a girl who is meant to be spending Christmas with her boyfriend but her parents are involved in an incident in which she is shipped off to her grandparent´s. However, the biggest blizzard that has it the city in years has happened on this night and Jubilee´s train is stuck. Jubilee was obviously my favorite character because she was very quirky and clever but clumsy at the same time. She is so witty and clever and her addition to the book makes it a thousand times better. As in John´s part, well, I am a massive John Green fan but his writing was not the best. I think it’s because it had to be crammed into a smaller amount of pages, but at least there’s still an essence of his writing. In this part of the book there are three groups of friends trying to win a race to get to the waffle house. Now, the last part of the book was not very good as I said before. Halfway through I wanted to stop reading it because I was so annoyed. Anyways, this collaboration is romance at its best. Who knew so much chaos could turn into something so whimsical and amorous. It’s a quick read despite of the book being quite big. I do not think it’s the most amazing piece of literature, let alone one of the authors’ best work. But it is a perfectly entertaining Christmas read and I highly recommend it. I am definitely looking forward to reading it next Christmas.

Pang. “I felt the pang for him, right in the middle of my chest” pg 21. Noun.
A sudden, strong feeling of physical or emotional pain

Yelp. “all fourteen of them, yelping and squealing and trailing snowflakes” pg 38. Noun.
a sharp shrill bark or cry.
Rattle. “herattled the door a little” pg 63. to make a rapid succession of short sharp noises. Intransitve verb. ( )
  Catalina-Chavez | Mar 7, 2014 |
The Jubilee Express - 2.5-3/5
I liked the first story by Maureen Johnson alright. Light and fun, without being annoying.

A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle - 1.5/5
An annoying story, but not completely unbearable.

The Patron Saint of Pigs - 1/5
Another annoying story and a little less bearable. ( )
  TracyRae | Feb 6, 2014 |
this book is a great holiday read. the storyline is very interesting and i loved it. it has three short stories that all link up. i really enjoyed this book and i thought it was quite funny. i couldnt pick a favorite story because i loved all of them. this book is one of my favorite holiday reads,i would highly recommend it. ( )
  lenalou11 | Feb 3, 2014 |
This was a trio of three cute, romantic reads. It had lots of snow and Christmas miracles, all what a Christmas story should be all about. My favorite story was John Green's, very sweet. I enjoy anyhting written by John Green, his stories just suck me right in.

It took me awhile to get through this book, I felt like maybe it was too young for me. Just felt rather immature at certain parts, usually I don't have a problem with that when reading young adult books. I read this on my Kindle and my one year old son loves to take it from me whenever he seems me on it, he plays games and watches Yo Gabba Gabba. Also, when I started this book, it was a busy time of year so there wasn't much time for me to read.” ( )
  BeckyGandee | Jan 31, 2014 |

Green, Johnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnson, Maureenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Myracle, Laurenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lauren Myracle- For Dad, Sarah Lee, and the lovely mountain town of Brevard, NC... all chock-full of grace.
John Green - To Ilene Cooper, who has guided me through so many blizzards
Maureen Johnson - For Hamish, who embodied the "go down the hill really fast and if something gets in your way, turn" school of teaching me how to deal with a snowy slope. And for all who toil behind the facade of a corporate monolith, fo revery person who has to say grande latte three thousand times a day, for every soul who's ever had to deal with a broken credit card reader in the holiday rush... this one is for you.
It was the night before Christmas.(the Jubilee Express)
JP and the Duke and I were four movies in to our James Bond marathon when my mother called home for the sixth time in five hours. (A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle)
Being me sucked. (The Patron Saint of Pigs)

contains:
The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson;
A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green;
The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle

The New York Times bestseller!

Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today’s bestselling teen authors—John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle—the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:47 -0400)

In three intertwining short stories, several high school couples experience the trials and tribulations along with the joys of romance during a Christmas Eve snowstorm in a small town.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,567,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible