Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John…

Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances

by John Green

Other authors: Maureen Johnson (Contributor), Lauren Myracle (Contributor)

Monsoon Summer by Mitali Perkins (missmaddie)
    missmaddie: Sweet, lighthearted, intelligent romance stories in intriguing settings. Fun reading for your free time in summer or winter.

English (62)  German (1)  All languages (63)
Awwww. So cute! They the stories worked seamlessly with one another, I think I need to read this each year. So light and fluffy and romantic. ( )
  kelsey.hintzman | Feb 10, 2015 |
This book was given to me as a gift for Christmas and I'm sure that the person that gave it to me didn't realize that the novel was for young adults. I read the book anyway as I was curious to see how the stories would interconnect and have not previously read any novels by any of the contributing authors. The concept of this novel had a lot of possibilities but in my opinion author Lauren Myracle's offering didn't blend with the first two stories by John Green and Maureen Johnson as well as it could have added and culminated the trio of stories.

As I have previously worked as a school librarian and in the public library setting, I have first-hand experience that some parents/grandparents will be very disappointed with the language in the third selection by Lauren Myracle. Chapter One opens with "Being me sucked." It continues to elevate the character's description to "double-sucked" and "triple-suck". Continuing to report that "And add in the sad, aching, devastating lack of Jeb, and ding-ding-ding! The bell at the top of the Suckage Meter couldn't ring any louder." Regardless of whether young adults speak using this slang or not, it isn't necessary for today's vernacular to be incorporated into the story to make it contemporary particularly when it will offend some of the very readers that it could hope to encourage and support.

Otherwise, it's a festive novel of three (3) holiday romances with the setting in the midst of a snowstorm on Christmas Eve. A light read for an afternoon or evening curled up in a blanket besides the fire and let it snow, let it snow, let it snow - outside! ;) ( )
  Corduroy7 | Jan 4, 2015 |
nice for a train ride during the holiday season. but quite the teenage stuff ( )
  pepe68 | Jan 4, 2015 |
From Booklist
In this charming trio of interconnected novellas, a massive snowstorm on Christmas Eve acts as a catalyst for romance in the lives of three teens. In Maureen Johnson’s tale, Jubilee Express, after Jubilee’s train becomes snowbound, she seeks shelter at a nearby Waffle House, along with a squad of hyper cheerleaders. In John Green’s story, A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle, a guy summons three friends to the Waffle House, where the combination of cheerleaders and cheesy waffles prompts big realizations. Finally, in Lauren Myracle’s entry, Patron Saint of Pigs, self-absorbed Addie atones for cheating on her boyfriend (who was stuck on Jubilee’s train) by proving she can be an angel for someone else, even if that someone is only a pet pig. Johnson’s playfulness, Green’s banter, and Myracle’s sincerity mesh well here, resulting in a collection that is imbued with optimism and warmth. The plotting is tight, and each end loosed by one author is tied up by another like a bright Christmas bow. A delightful read any time of the year. Grades 8-12. --Jennifer Hubert
  Lake_O_UCC | Dec 14, 2014 |
This is a collection of three linked short novels (or long-ish short stories) that take place between Dec. 24 and Dec. 26 in a small town during a big snowstorm. The book includes:

- "The Jubilee Express" by Maureen Johnson (4 1/2 stars)
- "A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle" by John Green (3 stars)
- "The Patron Saint of Pigs" by Lauren Myracle (4 stars)

Although my enjoyment of the individual stories varied, I give the book 4 stars overall because of the clever way in which the stories were linked.

My detailed review, with some spoilers, appears here. ( )
  amysisson | Nov 30, 2014 |

Green, Johnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnson, MaureenContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Myracle, LaurenContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lauren Myracle- For Dad, Sarah Lee, and the lovely mountain town of Brevard, NC... all chock-full of grace.
John Green - To Ilene Cooper, who has guided me through so many blizzards
Maureen Johnson - For Hamish, who embodied the "go down the hill really fast and if something gets in your way, turn" school of teaching me how to deal with a snowy slope. And for all who toil behind the facade of a corporate monolith, fo revery person who has to say grande latte three thousand times a day, for every soul who's ever had to deal with a broken credit card reader in the holiday rush... this one is for you.
It was the night before Christmas.(the Jubilee Express)
JP and the Duke and I were four movies in to our James Bond marathon when my mother called home for the sixth time in five hours. (A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle)
Being me sucked. (The Patron Saint of Pigs)
Please do not combine individual stories with the complete anthology. This is important because many of the stories are available in multiple anthologies, and also as single titles.

contains:
The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson;
A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green;
The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle

The New York Times bestseller!

Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today’s bestselling teen authors—John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle—the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:47 -0400)

In three intertwining short stories, several high school couples experience the trials and tribulations along with the joys of romance during a Christmas Eve snowstorm in a small town.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,785,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible