Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Wiley Pathways Business Math
by Steve Slavin
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0470007192, Paperback)You can get there
Where do you want to go? You might already be working in a business setting. You may be looking to expand your skills. Or, you might be setting out on a new career path.
Wherever you want to go, Business Math will help you get there. Easy-to-read, practical, and up-to-date, this text not only helps you learn fundamental mathematical concepts needed for business, it also helps you master the core competencies and skills you need to succeed in the classroom and beyond. The book's brief, modular format and variety of built-in learning resources enable you to learn at your own pace and focus your studies.
With this book, you will be able to:
* Understand the business uses of percent calculations.
* Solve business problems using algebraic equations.
* Learn why stores markup and markdown their inventory.
* Calculate different types of discounts.
* Examine different banking options.
* Compare personal, sales, and property taxes and the implications of taxing income, property, and retail sales.
* Calculate simple and compound interest and learn how each affects the future value of money.
* Explore the uses of promissory notes, mortgages, and credit cards and how to calculate the cost of each.
* Learn different ways to determine the loss of value of business property and equipment, and the effect of depreciation on taxes.
* Examine financial statements and learn how to read the income statement and the balance sheet.
* Learn how to calculate the mean, median, mode, and range of data.
Wiley Pathways helps you achieve your goals
When it comes to learning about business, not everyone is on the same path. But everyone wants to succeed. The new Wiley Pathways series in Business helps you achieve your goals with its brief, inviting format, clear language, and focus on core competencies and skills.
The books in this series--Finance, Business Communication, Marketing, Business Math, and Real Estate--offer a coordinated curriculum for learning business. Learn more at www.wiley.com/go/pathways.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:34 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.