My Letter to the World and Other Poems by…

My Letter to the World and Other Poems

by Emily Dickinson

Other authors: Isabelle Arsenault (Illustrator)

Series: Visions in Poetry

English (7)  Swedish (1)  All (8)
This is, quite simply, a very lovely book. Beautifully constructed, designed and illustrated, it's a great introduction to a few of Emily Dickinson's most well-known poems. ( )
  lillibrary | Jan 23, 2016 |
This is my letter to the World
That never wrote to Me —
The simple News that Nature told —
With tender Majesty

Her Message is committed
To Hands I cannot see —
For love of Her — Sweet — countrymen —
Judge tenderly — of Me

This slim volume presents seven of Emily Dickinson's greatest poems, accompanied by gorgeous and haunting illustrations. This was my introduction to Dickinson's poems and had me hooked on her work immediately. I recommend this both to those who are new to Dickinson as well as to her fans who will no doubt appreciate the artistry with which Isabelle Arsenault has treated her subjects. I borrowed this book from the library and have been holding on to it for as long as I possibly can, but will be getting my own copy to keep for certain. ( )
1 vote Smiler69 | Apr 22, 2012 |
This is a poem that seems to be about a woman's journey through death. As she watches life pass her by and sees the mourners at her funeral she relizes that she is no longer living.
  ckristin | Apr 18, 2011 |
It's definitely an interesting book; with the poetry of Emily Dickinson and the evocative art of Isabelle Arsenault. However, I'm not sure if children will be able to understand or comprehend much of the material inside. At least, I had a hard time understanding the one about the lady with the tea cup skirt. ...or was she a personification of a tea cup? ( )
  timothyl33 | Mar 17, 2011 |
Stunningly beautiful art accompanying seven of Emily Dickinson's poems--not enough of either to be completely happy, but what a joy to read. ( )
  Prop2gether | Apr 2, 2009 |

Emily Dickinsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Arsenault, IsabelleIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The poetry of Emily Dickinson surrounded by watercolor-style illustrations.

Legacy Library: Emily Dickinson

Emily Dickinson has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Emily Dickinson's legacy profile.

See Emily Dickinson's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible