Run Away Home by Patricia C. Mckissack

Run Away Home (1997)

by Patricia C. Mckissack

Jealousy is the lesson in this book for me. I remember when I was a child I would get so upset when my mom or dad would give another child attention other than myself. There comes a point in life when you realize that sharing things that make you happy can help someone else. I think it's touching that Sarah learns to accept the Indian boy because she cares about him too, everyone needs a friend sometimes. ( )
  HillaryBertucci | Sep 24, 2013 |
Remembering Abraham Crossley, the Sky in our family, and Thanking Nan and Peter for listening to me read this story
I walked behind Papa, listening to the dark, listening to the familiar sounds of the Alabama piney woods.

In 1886 the last of the Apache Indians, led by Geronimo, were defeated in New Mexico and sent to reservations. This is the compelling story of what happens when one of the boys escapes and is rescued by an African American family.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:06 -0400)

In 1886 in Alabama, an eleven-year-old African American girl and her family befriend and give refuge to a runaway Apache boy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,885,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible