Death: The High Cost of Living by Neil…

Death: The High Cost of Living (edition 1994)

by Neil Gaiman, Chris Bachalo (Illustrator), Mark Buckingham (Illustrator), Dave McKean (Illustrator)

Member:fairangels
Title:Death: The High Cost of Living
Authors:Neil Gaiman
Other authors:Chris Bachalo (Illustrator), Mark Buckingham (Illustrator), Dave McKean (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (1994), Paperback, 104 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:graphic novel

Death: The High Cost of Living by Neil Gaiman

I don't know if I would've liked it so much if I didn't already know Death, but I do, and I appreciate that Gaiman didn't mess it all up by changing her characterization. She's just the same as she should be.

After reading the sequel-slash-part-2, I know I like it. ( )
  FFortuna | Dec 28, 2015 |
Once every hundred years Death must spend a day as a human girl. Death has always been one of my favorite Sandman characters and I am happy that she scored her own book. Death meets a boy named Sexton who is contemplating suicide, he basically feels life is too boring to live. Death (as Didi) is so joyful and happy to experience life, it can't help but rub off on anyone who meets her, even if the results are not exactly what's expected. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Looking back at a modern classic, Death: The High Cost of Living maintains its quiet charm over a decade after its publication.

Gaiman, Neilprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Amos, ToriIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klein, ToddLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sastre, RaúlTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Mary
Mad Hettie? We got it for you.

Collects "The High Cost of Living" parts 1-3, originally published in Death: The High Cost of Living #1-3 and "Death Talks About Life."

A graphic novel in which Death, going about her business ushering the about-to-die into the afterlife, meets up with Sexton, a New York teen who is contemplating suicide.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,632,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible