B Is for Beer by Tom Robbins

B Is for Beer (2009)

by Tom Robbins

Gracie is a very curious little girl. She asks a ton of questions like most little girls, but her questions revolve around the beer that her dad and Uncle Mo drink. Her questions are never answered until she is finally visited by the Beer Fairy.

I thought this was a very well written book and in many parts hilarious. I am actually looking forward to the next Robbins novel. I think this book would be for anyone that enjoys the occassional brew or nice adult beverage. ( )
  alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |

alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |
Prior to reading this book I had never read anything written by him. After reading this book, I doubt I will read anything more written by him.

Funny? No. Amusing? Slightly.

A little girl who is intrigued by beer, accidentally gets drunk on the 6th birthday & pukes on her Hello Kitty rug.... In a drunker stupor she is visited by the Beer fairy who takes her on a tour of how beer is made, from the Barley fields to the brewery, to a Beer Festival.

Meh! ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Cute idea that started off well, but seemed to increasingly flail as it went along. ( )
  grandpahobo | Apr 7, 2015 |
While entirely readable, it felt really uneven, dancing around topics without making a distinct decision as to what kind of book it was. I liked the flavor of the writing enough to where I'll check out some of his other work, but this one just wasn't for me. ( )
  davadog13 | Nov 21, 2013 |

In this story for both children and adults, kindergartner Gracie decides to find out just what beer is and why her father likes it so much. Along the way she discovers more than she probably expected.

126 wanted3 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,194,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible