Am Rande der Schatten: Roman - [Die…

Am Rande der Schatten: Roman - [Die Schatten-Trilogie 2] (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Brent Weeks, Hans Link (Übersetzer)

Member:cuthalion
Title:Am Rande der Schatten: Roman - [Die Schatten-Trilogie 2]
Authors:Brent Weeks
Other authors:Hans Link (Übersetzer)
Info:Blanvalet (2010), Ausgabe: 1., Taschenbuch, 704 Seiten
Rating:*****

Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks (2008)

English (48)  Spanish (1)  Icelandic (1)  German (1)  All languages (51)
Wow, a first-rate read! This book is fast-paced, non-stop action with characters you continue to root for even though they have done despicable things. Amazingly delineated emotions in each character make you really care about where each one is and what's happening to them. I took a break between book 1 and 2. Not this time, I have book 3 in hand to start immediately! ( )
  sherribelcher | Feb 12, 2016 |
Number 2 in the Night Angel Trilogy.
Powerful follow up story about a young man who tries to leave his talent and his destiny behind and escape to a normal life with the woman he loves.
Various characters' stories are followed throughout the book, as a nation, defeated in battle, tries to resist a pitiless enemy led by an all powerful evil ruler. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
I started the first book of this series years ago and for whatever reason set it down and just never got back to it until a couple of weeks ago and now I've devoured the whole series. I really liked the series and felt that it got more exciting with each volume great read! ( )
  GSB68 | May 19, 2015 |
Slow going at first, but the story picked up add all the plotlines came together. Looking forward to book 3. ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
I have to keep pinching myself to remind me that this trilogy is the first series this author has written. Yes these books are just that good!

This is a really good effort at a middle book in a trilogy. It bridges well the gap between building the characters in the first and the big climax in the third. This is the classic 'I'm trying to get out but they keep dragging me back in' part of the storyline, and it's been done in a sympathetic and believable way.

This book continues on from the war and conquest and the subsequent terror unleashed by the God King on the people of Cenaria. We also see the very difficult realities for people living under the boot of an occupation army: starvation, murder, rioting and rape are a daily reality. Most affected are the poor of the Warrens who find themselves brutalised on a daily basis.

Azoth has graduated from his apprenticeship with Durzo Blint to his new life as Kylar, a ‘wetboy’ assassin. Both his master and his closest friend, Logan, are dead, killed in the fighting during the coup. Or are they?

In the face of an ultimatum from the woman he loves, Kylar tries to escape the assassin's life, and settle down in another city with his family. He tries to cope with having to deal with troublemakers and problems in another way rather than just flat out eliminating whatever – and whoever - annoys him.

Of course, we know his past will catch up with him ...

I'm about to start the third and final book in this series, I'm hoping it will be as good as the first two. ( )
  Jawin | Jul 19, 2014 |

Brent Weeksprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boehmer, PaulNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Kristi, for never doubting-not even when I did.
For Kevin, because it's a big brother's job to make a little brother tough. What you taught me, I've needed. (But I never have been right since that dirt clod incident.)
"We've got a contract for you," Momma K said.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316033650, Mass Market Paperback)

From New York Times Bestselling author Brent Weeks...

Kylar Stern has rejected the assassin's life. The Godking's successful coup has left Kylar's master, Durzo, and his best friend, Logan, dead. He is starting over: new city, new friends, and new profession.

But when he learns that Logan might actually be alive and in hiding, Kylar is faced with an agonizing choice: will he give up the way of shadows forever and live in peace with his new family, or will he risk everything by taking on the ultimate hit?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:27 -0400)

Kylar has rejected the assassin's life in the wake of the Godking's violent coup, but when he learns that Logan Gyre, heir to Cenaria's throne, might be alive, trapped and in hiding, Kylar faces an impossible choice.

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,200,105 books! | Top bar: Always visible