Am Rande der Schatten: Roman - [Die…

Am Rande der Schatten: Roman - [Die Schatten-Trilogie 2] (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Brent Weeks, Hans Link (Übersetzer)

Member:cuthalion
Title:Am Rande der Schatten: Roman - [Die Schatten-Trilogie 2]
Authors:Brent Weeks
Other authors:Hans Link (Übersetzer)
Info:Blanvalet (2010), Ausgabe: 1., Taschenbuch, 704 Seiten
Rating:*****

Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks (2008)

English (55)  Spanish (1)  Icelandic (1)  German (1)  All (58)
Kylar tries to make a life with Elene and without killing. He ends up going back to the fallen city and rescuing Logan. Another wetboy, girl, kidnaps Uly and takes all traces of Kylar's love for Elene. Elene thinks that Kylar has left. The Wetboy girl breaks a spell placed on her by the Godking by using old bonding magic with Kylar and kills the Godking. Kylar is now married to Vi, the girl wetboy. And Durzo comes back right at the end. He's not dead.

Going to be interesting to see how Weeks ties everything up in one final book. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I thought this was actually stronger than the first book, with a more linear plot and more interesting characters. I didn't like Elene's storyline (or the character) but other than that I thought this was decent, although nowhere near as good as George R. R. Martin or Robin Hobb.

I noticed that there were more and more compelling female characters in this book, with more relationship to the plot, and I wonder if Weeks was responding to criticism about the largely male cast in the first book.

Curious to read the final book in the trilogy and see how it all turns out. ( )
  gayla.bassham | Nov 7, 2016 |
Great sequel to the first book. Serious cliffhanger / reveal at the end. I need to start the 3rd one now! ( )
  Brian_Lawrence | Sep 17, 2016 |
4.5 ( )
  Amanda105 | Sep 5, 2016 |
Excellent book. The continued evolution of Kylar Stern and the characters around him was well done. The raw and sometimes in your face language in the book is welcome. Brent Weeks doesn't tip toe around certain themes as other authors would.

My only complaint and the main reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars is the ending. It felt a little rushed and confusing.
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |

Brent Weeksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Boehmer, PaulNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Kristi, for never doubting-not even when I did.
For Kevin, because it's a big brother's job to make a little brother tough. What you taught me, I've needed. (But I never have been right since that dirt clod incident.)
"We've got a contract for you," Momma K said.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316033650, Mass Market Paperback)

From New York Times Bestselling author Brent Weeks...

Kylar Stern has rejected the assassin's life. The Godking's successful coup has left Kylar's master, Durzo, and his best friend, Logan, dead. He is starting over: new city, new friends, and new profession.

But when he learns that Logan might actually be alive and in hiding, Kylar is faced with an agonizing choice: will he give up the way of shadows forever and live in peace with his new family, or will he risk everything by taking on the ultimate hit?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:27 -0400)

Kylar has rejected the assassin's life in the wake of the Godking's violent coup, but when he learns that Logan Gyre, heir to Cenaria's throne, might be alive, trapped and in hiding, Kylar faces an impossible choice.

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,806,235 books! | Top bar: Always visible