Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Stargazer by Claudia Gray

Stargazer

by Claudia Gray

11/14/2012:

(And this was being nice after I had to come back and edit the previous review I had done because I had been so mean!)

Ok, well, I am still struggling to get through this book. And I've been trying to read it for two weeks now...I even put the book down for a few days to read something else. Well, I looked ahead to books 3 & 4 and well, it doesnt look like it gets any better..So, when I finally do finish this book...This will be it...and as I stated on someone elses review....I feel like I am about to just bust from boredom! The only reason I went on to book 2 was because I had hoped it would get better..sigh...Oh, how I was wrong.

__________________________________

11/16/2012
Edit~Finished

How I felt about this book

I could not take it any more....This book was just not for me...With some few good moments....but after those moments were over...It just drug for me...And I wish I could have found a volcano to throw the book in....

This would've been less torture!

Now, I know I may get quite a bit of flack for this personal opinion of mine but hey...We're all entitled to our opinion. And my opinion is: This book was just not my cup of tea...

I definitely will not be continuing on in this series....

I really do feel how he looks

(Yaaayy...I Finally Learned How To Do The Pictures & Got Them Right!!! I'm getting the hang of it! The only highlight of this book!)
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Okay... firstly: YAY, VAMPIRES!
secondly: there is the thing that's called 'jumping into the action'. that when at the beginning of a story, they start at the climax or some big battle and then go back in time and work their way up to it. and I HATE IT when they do that.
unfortunately, it happened in both Evernight and this book, so probably the next one, too.
*Sighs* I guess I'll have to live with it.
thirdly: there is one point in the story in which she and lucas are making out, like, really really hard. and then, we know what Bianca does when they start making out real hard, and then they have this big argument I'm not going to get into right now. All I'll say is: if Lucas thinks that they'll ever be able to have sex without the both turning into vampires, his head is IN THE FREAKING CLOUDS.
Fourthly: the fact that Lucas can pick a lock is SOOO sexy.
Fifthly: this book definitely had me feeling sad for Balthazar, which reinforced my being on his team. I"m sorry, Lucas is badass with a stake and picking locks and being a vampire hunter in general, but Balthazar's story is so SAD. of course I'm going to side with him.
And I'm still telling you, when the Black Cross finds out Bianca's a vampire (which they will) it will all go to SHIT and HELL from there. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
Enjoyable, wanted to keep reading...but feel a little cheated by the romance. Seems a little too over-wrought. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
I'm sort of sad that I started reading this series. The romance is laid on thick and the female character is just a weak, needy child. ( )
  Aridy | Mar 21, 2018 |
A differenza di quanto sostenuto dalla maggior parte delle lettrici io mi ritrovo a pensare che questo secondo libro della saga sia decisamente peggiore del primo. Tutti gli elementi di forza del primo romanzo sembrano aver perso la loro forza e quindi, in linea di massimo, queste trecento pagine scivolano via senza colpire o coinvolgere.

I personaggi sono piatti, molto piatti. Incredibile costatare che l’unico personaggio un po’ interessante è stato proprio quello che, in genere si dovrebbe odiare: la bulletta della situazione. Peccato, visto la fine che fa.

Il carismo di Lucas sembra dissolto nel nulla, il caratterino ribelle di Bianca è privo di spessore e Balthazar… beh, forse è l’unico che si salva anche se ho trovato davvero PESSIMA la trovata dell’autrice di affibbiargli un amore del passato che assomiglia a Bianca per giustificare la sua attrazione per la mezza-vampira. Ottima tattica fargli poi riconoscere che, no, non è innamorato di Bianca, no? Evitiamo di distogliere le fan dalla coppia perfetta e predestinata Bianca/Lucas.

Il romanzo contiene delle idee carine e nuove per giustificare l’esistenza di Bianca, non metto in dubbio che sia un tocco di originalità. Peccato che sembra di star ad osservare i fatti da lontano, come osservatori di una colonia di formiche che ci incuriosisce ma non ci tocca. Non so, davvero, ma questa volta il libro non mi ha MINIMAMENTE coinvolta.

E il finale? Bianca NON sa cosa diventerà se non accetterà di uccidere (e diventare così vampiro)… Come le viene in mente di mollare tutto e fare finta, letteralmente, di niente? Non ha pensato che, la mancanza di scelta, potrebbe consistere nella reazione violenta che potrebbe scaturire dall’astinenza? O meglio, come diavolo pensa di evitare di essere vampiro se già adesso la sete le fa perdere il controllo?

E in tutto questo che fai? Ti ficchi, in incognito forzato, in casa del nemico? E pensare che quando Lucas le ha detto che non avrebbe MAI accettato di diventare vampiro io pensavo che avesse finalmente capito… ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
Frost began to creep up the walls.

Teenage vampire Bianca finds herself the target when evil wraiths attack her boarding school, Evernight Academy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,478,699 books! | Top bar: Always visible