The Secret Circle: The Captive Part II and…

The Secret Circle: The Captive Part II and The Power (Secret Circle… (edition 2009)

by L. J. Smith

Member:nikkiluvsez
Title:The Secret Circle: The Captive Part II and The Power (Secret Circle (Harper Teen))
Authors:L. J. Smith
Info:HarperTeen (2009), Paperback, 400 pages
Rating:*****

The Secret Circle: The Captive Part II and The Power by L. J. Smith

I wished that they had wrapped up the triangle in the next book, because this ending was way to easy. And the way Diana just said, sure.. take him.. gimme a break-- no way would a real girlfriend/best friend say that.. way too easy.. that being said, the rest of the story kicked butt- I LOVED the darkness and evil that John brought to the storyline- so fun! ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
I was totally surprised at Black John being her dad! That makes her one of the most powerful witches in the coven! I'm glad when she got elected leader as well. And Faye redeemed herself in the end, even though I still don't like her, Diana was right about her having some good in her. Can't wait for the show! ( )
  almoskwa92 | Nov 4, 2016 |
The Secret Circle by I.J. Smith

When I first saw this book I thought it would be really interesting. That’s why I picked it. I thought that it was going to be about like a secret circle thing in like the middle of the woods, where like a family goes to have fun and they only know about it. The book was not like that at all after I read it. It was about some teens found out they were witches and another girl joined them. They used the circle thing to enchant spells and stuff like that.
Some of the main characters in this book are Cassie, Adam, Diana and more. There was different settings in the book. Some of them was Cassie’s grandmother’s house, the high school, and the house where the teenage witch's hangout and stuff. The story was mainly about how a girl’s mom had died and then she moves to her grandmother’s house and finds out she’s a witch and other people her age are too. There’s evil people who try to kill Cassie for her dark magic at almost the end of the story but they end up failing. There’s also a lot of people who die in this story.
One of the reasons I liked this book was because it didn’t really get boring and it made me want to keep
reading it. Another reason was because I really liked the characters and how they were in the story.
I think people should read this book because I thought that it was really interesting and I think people would really like it. I think people my age (12) could read this book. Even people under my age because it’s not like inappropriate or anything.
I would give this book a 4 out of 5.
This story was about a girl moving with her grandmother and then meeting new friends and finding out she’s a witch and uses powers. Then she finds out she has dark magic.
  KaLea_Ana | Dec 15, 2015 |
In these volumes of the story Cassie convinces the group to talk to their elders and find out what's really going on. Comes up with a plan and learns to stand up for herself/take charge. Most of the story is very different from the show but you can kind of see where things came from.

I do think that Smith's characters are just too black and white. Everyone comes across as all the way good or all the way bad. Even those from the group that appear to be "bad" come off more as good guys with chips on their shoulders once everyone gets past magic that could be controlling them. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Contains

Is an abridged version of

The voices from above were getting nearer.

Cassie is drawn into the Secret Circle, a coven of young witches whose power has controlled New Salem for three hundred years, and when she falls hopelessly in love with the leader's boyfriend, she is tempted to use dark powers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,173,632 books! | Top bar: Always visible